The Season of Stupid (& elk)

• Thread starter Deleted member 52098
  • Start date
I think we need to talk about whatever masterpiece that is you’re sleeping on!?! I’m going to tell everyone I have Covid next year. Davis wall tent all to myself and no snoring!!
That’s the Teton outfitters xxl cot and pad. It’s awesome. Deacon picked one up after seeing it; it’s like having a twin bed

Im just getting over covid myself, had it 3 weeks ago. 4th time having the shit and this one hit me the hardest. I was sick for 10 days. I havent gone after my cow because I dont think my lungs could handle the pack out yet. I hope this one doesnt get you guys as hard, good luck on your hunt!
Yeah, this is where I’m the most jealous of Wyoming is that your seasons are long and not as constrained (note: also jealous of hunt quality & R/NR allocations 😂). I never would have left home yesterday if I had a few more weeks to fill the tag. Hope you feel better soon.

I pulled myself from camp and came home late last night when even with all my layers on and the buddy heater I couldn’t get warm. Coughing so much I irritated my throat and coughed up some blood, nothing major but enough to realize I needed to be at home and not in a tent.

Slept 9 hours and still feel drained… but going back in Monday no matter what. Not putting this hunt on the quitters thread, just hitting pause.

And if I still feel like shit come Sunday night then I’ll escout pockets I can get to within one to two miles of the road, something I never thought I’d say

F$&@ you Covid

I pulled myself from camp and came home late last night when even with all my layers on and the buddy heater I couldn’t get warm. Coughing so much I irritated my throat and coughed up some blood, nothing major but enough to realize I needed to be at home and not in a tent.

Slept 9 hours and still feel drained… but going back in Monday no matter what. Not putting this hunt on the quitters thread, just hitting pause.

And if I still feel like shit come Sunday night then I’ll escout pockets I can get to within one to two miles of the road, something I never thought I’d say

F$&@ you Covid
Rest up, kick this crap, and hit it hard again. Nothing like hunting to cure the common "covid".

Dang, that bites having to leave to heal up. Far as we can tell my wife and I have never caught covid and certainly nothing that presents like covid symptoms. . Which seems impossible but not complaining.

1699798735804.gif

No idea what I caught, but that crap is out of my body. Tested negative twice, so maybe I was just fighting that crap and felt awful. Taking the kiddo to her gymnastics tryout as the wife is still sick, and then back to the unit. Time to get this done.

Still haven’t figured out how to find elk in this unit, but @Dsnow9s rule about bino harnesses on at all time while within the unit finally sunk in. Also managed to keep the truck on the road so far haha

IMG_5485.jpegIMG_5488.jpegIMG_5491.jpegIMG_5494.jpeg

No idea what I am looking at. but imagine the deer hunt went like this?

View attachment 301674
I was frustrated with a couple guys that trespassed onto private and cut the deer off from feeding onto public that morning. Figured splicing loops into my line was more productive than shanking my pack or something. I’m back to work today but will try to get something written up before I leave next week for my elk hunt.

What size flex bow is that? Been mulling one over for a while now, but not sure on size.
How long does it take to set up solo?

I've got the same tent, 10x14, its maybe a 10-12 minute setup like @MtnElk said, about the same as my tipi. It's a killer car-camping tent.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NTSS
Back