The season has begun......

AA

Our season started the 26th and I have seen alot of birds, having nothing to do I have passed on quite a few birds.

Monday afternoon I bought a Benelli Nova ( on the account that my hero Moosie use's one :rolleyes: ) Tuesday morning I was able to use it. The rio weighed in at 21 lbs, had 1 1/8" spurs and an 11" beard.

Sorry for leaving out the many details but Moosie frets at my long rants. :eek:

Oh, by the way the weather has been in the 80's and quite pleasant, AA

270349.jpg

AA...Congrats on a fine bird...Never hunted Rios, only easterns, but my buddies tell me that Rios are lots of fun to hunt...

*##&^%$ Moosie..!!.. Some of us TURKEY addicts would LOVE to hear the DETAILS, especially us Yankees whose season doesn't OPEN for a month yet.. :rolleyes: ....

AA, you are mistaken, I said I don't like texas "ants", not "rants". It's my Idaho accent that most Texans don't understand ;)

Charlie, haven't seen yah in awhile, I figured once turkey season goes up I'd hear from ya. tell the wife and Daughters HI and I'm gunna bombard you next Spring hopefuly for a gobbler and a dinner :)

Moosie, it's pretty difficult for a Texan to squeeze a rant into this forum...

Way to go Charlie, couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Are you done for the season or do you get to take 20 or 30? ;) :D

I hope the new hunting camp is working out well and I get down there one of these years. Keep us in mind as the rest of the season unfolds.

Congratulation Charlie on a dang fine bird.Looks like the perfect Rio from where I sit.
That picture may have just got me down there for next season my friend.How do ya like that new Beneli Nova?
Good luck the rest of the season.

Thanks for all the kind words y'aLL :) . Yup, the camp house is up and running, ready for some turkey hunters sometime. Maybe next year for some, I have been quite busy and really havent done as much hunting as I want to :cool: . I did have my pastor and his 4 young boys over this past friday and saturday. They all had a great time getting to be "boys".

Moosie, I took that bird close up by my fathers home. There are a few birds roosting back along that creek where we had went. I have seen alot of turkey this spring. As a matter of fact have called in 13 birds now but this is the only one worthy I have had in gun range, however I did blow another op on a good tom but I am not going there |oo

MTmiller, You very well now that you are the "nicest guy in the whole world" so I could on be a distant 2nd! :D Here in the lone star state we are able to harvest 4 birds a liscense year. I am proud to say we have a very good population of rio's and a always growing pop of easterns.( only in east texas)

Kraven, I really wanted a Rem 870 camo super mag but the store only had the Nova and the Mossberg 835. My choice was the Nova on account of I already have a large selection of Beretta/Benelli choke tubes and I dont care for the 835. It was that my collection needed a gun chambered for the 3 1/2" and Oscar endorses and use's a Nova :D and besides, he left me some ammo for it.

I am taking a friend in the AM to hopefully get him a gobbler and maybe in the week to come I can get me another

AA

Glad you got the gun of choice the Nova is a nice gun for sure.I should have my auto loader for the 2006 season,going to go with the 935 since I like my 835 so well and have the same chokes.Hope to see more pics of you with birds in the coming weeks.I have 7 days of work left before I head over for Turkey camp,hope to have some pics of birds to share this coming weekend from our scouting trip aslong as the snow holds off.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back