MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Kansas so far

Southwind

I was a volunteer guide for the 30th annual Kansas Governors One Shot Turkey Hunt. I was able to work my hunter to his first and 2nd ever birds with the 2nd gaining him a Kansas Trophy Turkey Award.

Rio/Eastern Hybrids
1st bird 9 1/2" beard, 1" spurs, 22 lbs
stan 1st.JPG

2nd bird, double beard 1st beard 9 7/8", 2nd beard 3 5/8", 1" spurs, 21 lbs
stan 2nd.JPG

After helping him tag out, I did a little hunting for me this last weekend and scored a nice double beard, 1st beard 10 1/2", 2nd beard 5 1/4", 1" spurs, 20 lbs. EasternFullSizeRender (1).jpgFullSizeRender (2).jpgIMG_0316.JPGIMG_0329 (1).JPG

http://www.kansas.com/sports/outdoors/article72276142.html

Last edited:
Very nice, they were decoying really well this weekend. Did that rain from last weekend mess you up at all?

The Governors hunt was Friday and Saturday the 15th & 16th so we missed the rain thankfully. This last weekend I just had to cope with a swollen river that took my walk from 3/4 mile to 1 1/2 which I really didn't mind other than possibly spooking birds on the roost.

Our birds were still in large groups a week before the opener and just really started breaking away that week into breeder groups. They were tough and both birds my hunter took involved a lot of stalking and crawling to get it done. Last weekend like you said they were decoying well.

Nice Southwind! Your driveway bird has some very intense barring on his tail feathers. And I'd bet my sweet bippy that you at least triple checked to make sure your shotgun was loaded in your truck before you pulled away. :)

Nice Southwind! Your driveway bird has some very intense barring on his tail feathers. And I'd bet my sweet bippy that you at least triple checked to make sure your shotgun was loaded in your truck before you pulled away. :)

LOL, yep didn't let it out of my sight this year!

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gowest23
Back