The Rinella Effect

The elk i get.

Those trash birds are beyond the scope of my understanding.

Well, one can actually HUNT turkeys. Legally. The only way to hunt elk, for most of us, is called poaching. Frankly, I don't need to see another high tech elk hunting video. I'd rather watch someone trying to make a 12 ft putt that will make a million dollar swing if it drops. And I have never even golfed.

Frankly, turkey hunting can be damn exciting in comparison to deer or antelope. Been so long since I last drew an elk tag, I can't remember what that was like.

Citrus and beer turkey leg carnitas taste mighty fine too.

I really lost intrest in most the "celeb" types years ago. I will still tune into some gohunt podcasts, and Newburg at work. Mainly just to fill the head with something in the booth. Rinella lost me long ago, but I didn't mind the first year or so of podcasts, sitting around camp style.

Like, share, subscribe and buy the merch so someone else can keep doing what you wish you could do. I get seriously confused that more people don’t recognize it
I think a lot of them prefer it that way. Used to work with a guy who's spot got leased and I asked where you gonna hunt now ? Said he wasn't gonna look for a new spot he'd just as soon play big game hunter on playstation.

I like some parts of Meat Eater, but it's been a long time since I have watched it. I do enjoy The Public Hunter. I learn a lot from them. They also hunt nowhere near me, except once. Not bad. They also like to put up fake maps when explaining what they did. They even say it's fake.

Matt openly called out Randy on some podcast not long ago. I can’t recall which one as I just saw a short clip. Either way he seems to be doing a lot of social media against social media. Fight fire with fire.

I don’t watch too many hunting shows these days because I get depressed by the fact I don’t hunt much anymore. I just watch Karen freak outs and cooking videos on YouTube.

Its getting more difficult to find anything to watch. The first hunting show I watched was called the Southern Sportsman and it would air once per week and they would always show a cooking portion of the end of the show where they cooked the harvest. The sponsor was House Autry.

I watch college football and there is zero percent chance of my drawing a college football tag and participating in that one. Transfer portal and NIL have almost killed this one.

I can throw bean bags into a hole in a board in my backyard but still can't figure out how cornhole ended up on ESPN. Does anyone else feel the need to crack open a cold one while watching....

So I still watch YouTube hunting shows. I have also added in Matt's Off-road Recovery - they pull some vehicles out of some pretty crazy spots.

Hopefully it takes some pressure from the beating southeast Montana has taken.
Hasn't taken that many people out of it. Out of the 15 or so guys I know that put in. 1 archery tag 1 rifle tag. That's the Lee and Tiff effect.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back