NEW SITKA Ambient 75

The Rinella Effect

I cant imagine consuming hunting media in any form. Not Meateater, not Randy (sorry, I know Im on this forum*), not Youtube, not anything - I am unashamed to say I have never watched a single episode of any of this nonsense. Maybe Im a worse hunter because of it (and Im not a good hunter, thats for sure!). Same for fishing media, though I have sat thru a Fly Fishing Film Tour, or two, at the invitation of friends, blank staring those goobers in the videos he entire time (but never again, I swear it - they suck). Personally, I dont get anything from it -- I dont know these weirdos and I dont understand their need to share with the world. I dont feel the same reading or seeing the exploits of people I 'know'**, even if I dont really know them.

What I can understand is the desire to travel to experience new hunts, whether its chasing the biggest elk, the most ducks, or the Mexican-est turkey. I dont have any desire to do any of this nonsense, but I do spend (waste?) a lot of time trying to kill birds with other birds, birds that Im not even going to be able to eat, when I could very easily just blast them - a lot more of them. The chase is fun.

*Forums are the exception. Ive been on various outdoor forums for roughly 20 years.
**Contradictory and nonsensical, I know, but I feel like I know you forum weirdos.

Even our area which isn’t that great of Turkey hunting has been over ran with Turkey hunters this year. Looked like deer season here
come on man these guys gotta sell turkey hunting gear and clothing. Oh no its a clothing system.

I'm waiting on the endorsement for the plant based elk and moose at the grocery store. Whos gonna be the first influencer??

When it first came out, I loved the show.
Not so much anymore.
Like everything, it seems to be more about the money and less about the passion.
Yes, I know it's a business, but it's like your favorite band selling out.

The meat eater cookbooks are awesome though!

The influencer effect is VERY VERY real as we all know and I've watched it play out time and time again. Often with the hard evidence of draw app numbers to back it up.

I lucked up and drew a primo NM elk tag in 2019. I knew I'd never draw it again, but still listed it as an app choice. Fast-forward a couple years and I see a Meateater NM elk episode. Literally within ONE MINUTE they mention they are hunting the Lincoln National Forest!! What they didn't mention was the $10k+ they spent on landowner tags to hunt it. I checked out the draw stats the next year and sure enough the Lincoln saw a significantly larger than normal increase in applications. gotta live the RINELLA EFFECT!

Imagine being excited you drew a tag because now you can film it and profit off of it. “Numbers” must be referring to likes, follows, subscribes, and money generated from drawing the tag. I’m sure it improved their “numbers”.

How is that thing a muzzleloader with a bolt?

Reactions: DFS
Have any of you guys noticed what happened to opportunities in Alaska as a result of the big names influencers especially……GoHunt: Well, if you ever wanted to go to Kodiak to hunt for more than one deer, that’s gone if you’re not a resident. More than likely your opportunity to go hunt Caribou out of Kotzebue are gone or extremely reduced. Finally, if you’re looking to put in for black bear tags in Southeast Alaska, well you definitely have more competition than ever before and each year is more difficult.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mowglimadness
Back