Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

The Quiet Place

Elkhunter

Do you have a quiet place where you can go and be alone?
What is this place like?
Do you share it with others, or is it just yours?

Years of psycho therapy took away my quiet place.
frown.gif
shhh.gif

Now the best place for me is in the woods. I guess my favorite place right now is Wolf Creek WMA here in Ohio at the primative campground. (I have shown pics of it before)

The only quiet place I know of is now.

All the kids are asleep and april is in the other room. No noise I love it.

but I also like it on the water. quiet to me is no one talking just the roar of finely tuned motors speeding by
wink.gif

Delw

My House. With Carol living somewhere else and the kids all moved out with families of their own, it's just me and Matt. He doesn't talk much anymore. All I have to do is turn off the TV, and silence is the everywhere.....until the phone rings and some ass wants to sell me a time share, or a breast augmentation, or a penile inlargement or both....

cool.gif

When I was a kid, my uncle used to own an out of service laundromat. Whenever I wanted to be alone I would crawl into one of the big upright washers and rock back and forth in the tumbler for hours. There was a good echo and sometimes I would practice singing. Now that I am older, that sounds absolutely frightning and quite frankly a little creepy. I guess I'm lucky noone ever washed and spin-cycled me.

Mojave, maybe you might want to speak to someone professional about that!! But with the brother you have I might see where you would want to hide.

It's not really as weird as it sounds. For our back woods Louisiana, coon-ass trailer park existance, that was the amusement park.
biggrin.gif

Yes it is Majave...LOL...
wink.gif

My quiet place is the time I spend walking the great outdoors on my hiking/hunting/quest foray's that is in the works right now and will go on till almost the end of the year this year....
smile.gif

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back