The power of fire.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!!

Fire crews are currently responding to a human-caused fire in Lost Horse Canyon. The fire was reported about 30-mins ago four miles up Lost Horse Road near the gravel pit. A helicopter from the Roaring Lion Fire is assisting with bucket work and three engines (USFS, Hamilton & Darby VFD) are on scene. Thanks to the quick response of crews the blaze was kept to a 1/4 acre and firefighters are beginning to mop up the blaze. Law enforcement is also on scene investigating this fire.

PLEASE never leave a campfire unattended! Fire Danger is "High" and any fires can become serious and difficult to control. Forest officials are asking the public to be extremely careful when camping and to remember that it's your job and responsibility to properly maintain and extinguish all campfires!

Ugh, the biggest fire in CA (Soberanes Fire) was determined to be caused by an illegal, unattended campfire. Social media didn't disappoint with the announcement either.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-02 at 5.57.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-02 at 5.57.57 PM.png
    42.6 KB · Views: 234
Eastward wind is getting very stout about 20 miles North of the fire.

Hope everyone's staying safe down there.

Lots of wind out of the southwest

Ravalli County Sheriff - Highway 93 is closed from the intersection of Skalkaho Hwy south to Old Darby Rd. Detour is Old Darby Rd. Please avoid the area if possible.

The wind is ripping right now. Spread further south before it got dark. I can't imagine how much it will spread over night.

The reports say it ran to 7000 acres last night to the South. Still homes that way, but much better than if it went North or East.

Weather is supposed to stay in the 70's today before shooting back into the 90's tomorrow. Hopefully it provides a window to get some work done on it.

This storm might've knocked Roaring Lion back some, but I think it's going to start a lot more. I got caught out in it, and watched a fire take hold and start running by the pass. Hopefully they can get on it quick. Was sitting in a burn when the front pushed some microbursts through. Pretty unnerving Watchung all those trees snap and stumble around me.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineCoaster
Back