The Other White Meat

Ovis

Goat hunt was a huge success! Partner and I both took goats, he a Nanny :( and I a big ol billy. Will just miss B&C all-time, but will most likely make awards. To this day I've never seen a billy was such a full beard and knickers. Lots of excitement throughout the trip. Seen animals all over (for once this season). Black bears galore, and no shortage of goats. My buddy's goat took a little jump (about 200') after swallowing four shots from his 7 mm. We were not planning on taking any bears until we were back at the beach waiting on our plane, but the bugger pictured below became a problem bear. I had my bud shoot him after the bear followed me back to camp with the goat on my back. Would love to spend an hour or so filling in all the details, but I gotta hit the sack. Getting up in 5 hours for the drive to Idaho. Will post the specifics once there. Here are a few pics...enjoy!

goats17copy.jpg

goats30copy.jpg

goats40copy.jpg

jimgoat13copy.jpg

ronjimgoat2copy.jpg

ronblkbear2copy.jpg

Absolutly fantastic results, and beautiful country :D everyday I log on here u guys are taking just great trophies
I hope u don't mind I've saved your photos as waalpapers.magnificant job well done.

Thanks for posting those sweet pics. Looks like you had a heck of a hunt! Congrats on the critters!

Friggin awsome!!!!!...that's next on my "wish list" if I can get my brother fired up about killing another one. He says he doesn't plan on doing another goat hunt, but I am trying to convince him differently! ;)
DS

picture #2 is incredible.... as well as the rest of the pics...

Way to go on the goat..

Delw

Locohead

Actually the Nanny's horns were 8" and some change, the big Billy had the 10" horn.

Back