The New Truck, Finally

shrapnel

Never has a used truck been worth more. As expensive as the new trucks are, they will never be cheaper. It was a a decision to buy a new truck or keep the used one that was still in excellent shape.

With the difference as minimal as it is, I decided to sell my 2012 Ram and order a new Chevy and hope it lasts for another 10-15 years. Who would have ever thought it would be so hard to buy a new truck?

Dealerships don’t seem to care, they can’t get new trucks to save their souls. No deals and no trucks. Even the big stores can’t get anything.

I finally got the local Chevy dealer to slot a new truck that wasn’t loaded with all the options. I got lucky and in January they told me I had an opening to order a less optioned truck and get it into the lineup and get it built.

No promises, but 6 months should be the most I would have to wait. The only problem was to sell my truck and get the most money before it would depreciate. Everything was a gamble, roll the dice.

I sold my truck and got a good price for it, meanwhile in March I got the call my new truck was built. Ahead of schedule, I was happy to hear it was done. It still took over a month to get it on a train and get it shipped to Montana.

Monday I picked it up and am pleased that it really wasn’t 6 months, but actually 3 and I was driving a new truck and my old truck sold easily.

It is Cherry Red Tincoat in color, very close to a candy apple red. The picture from the passenger side is not what the color really looks like, but it is a nice red color.

Now I wait for the first scratch…

5E633842-AD47-42D3-8C10-9AC20FBAB4BC.jpegFEB7905B-71B1-42A9-A627-55BF7AFF499B.jpeg9F9767D2-244B-4DBB-8790-3F4DEF12DCEB.jpeg

Last edited:
Very nice looking truck! My dad just went thru the same exact process. He was not as lucky as you with the 3 months tho. His took 8 months and he went with blue and the GMC.
How many options did he get? It seems the more well endowed he truck is, the longer the wait. Evidently the majority of the of the buying public want loaded trucks and that creates more of a demand on an overloaded market.

How many options did he get? It seems the more well endowed he truck is, the longer the wait. Evidently the majority of the of the buying public want loaded trucks and that creates more of a demand on an overloaded market.
It's a SLT package. He modified a few things within that trim level.

Nice.

My buddy went to a dealership the other day to look at replacing his wife's car. EVERY vehicle on the lot had a $5K markup over msrp, it's just nuts right now!

Nice.

My buddy went to a dealership the other day to look at replacing his wife's car. EVERY vehicle on the lot had a $5K markup over msrp, it's just nuts right now!
I understand some dealers were doing this, but it wasn't condoned by the parent company and they were told not to charge more. I got this for MSRP and added an 8 year 100,00 mile bumper to bumper warranty

He is still waiting on some chip or something to operate his heated/cooled seats and steering wheel. What a princess he is...lol I gave a him a hard time about his fancy new ride cause it's fun but he deserves it after 40 years at the same corporation and it was his retirement gift to himself built just how he wanted.

He is still waiting on some chip or something to operate his heated/cooled seats and steering wheel. What a princess he is...lol I gave a him a hard time about his fancy new ride cause it's fun but he deserves it after 40 years at the same corporation and it was his retirement gift to himself built just how he wanted.
Good for him, sharp pickup.

That isn’t a hold back on the trucks, mine was the same and they said when th chips are available, they will be installed by the dealership. Mine even got here with the seat heaters working…

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back