Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

The Men that made America on History channel

PrairieHunter

I have been watching some of these programs on the History channel about entrepreneurs, risk takers, business people, etc who made this country great. Industrial tycoons, candy makers, toy makers, breweries, etc are so interesting to learn about as many are household names to this day. Many of these people took on huge risks and has winding paths to success which is really cool to see. The determination to go through such hardships and keep going is really impressive as many failed but kept going until they succeeded. I also love the problem solving as the beer episode talked abut how they had to change the beer to make it shelf stable so they could distribute over larger regions.

Anyone else watch these?

Watched and liked very much. Hardcore entrepreneurs are fascinating people. Worked for a man like that once. No mountain too high, no obstacle too big. He was tough to engineer for but fascinating none the less. Imigrated from Poland to Australia with very little. Made his millions. Lost the majority of those millions. Then made most of it back.

I’ve watched some. It is a revisionist history that makes viewers feel good, maybe motivating to some. For history, like real unrefined truth, it’s hard to beat “Drunk History” on Comedy Central.

Watched and liked very much. Hardcore entrepreneurs are fascinating people. Worked for a man like that once. No mountain too high, no obstacle too big. He was tough to engineer for but fascinating none the less. Imigrated from Poland to Australia with very little. Made his millions. Lost the majority of those millions. Then made most of it back.
Who the f@*k is THAT? I want to hear his story.

Who the f@*k is THAT? I want to hear his story.
Like Tinkler, Queenslander Edek Choros has fallen off the Rich List in recent years.

But Choros, whose wealth was estimated at $310 million in 2012, is doing his best to get back there.

Choros rode the coal boom with Millenium Coal, in which Excel Coal took a controlling stake in 2004. He and former colleagues like Peter Westerhuis have reformed under the Batchfire banner, and are trying to close a deal to buy Anglo's Callide mine.

The part on the Pinkertons breaking up the strike was wild.

Some of the toy stories were also really interesting, such as the lady who invented Jenga and how some toys were turned down before becoming really successful.

The food part was also really interesting as seeing how modern Subway got it's roots is really cool. Wendys was also pretty interesting.

Amazing how these people shaped the world we live in by being fearless and taking risks when others didn't.

Like Tinkler, Queenslander Edek Choros has fallen off the Rich List in recent years.

But Choros, whose wealth was estimated at $310 million in 2012, is doing his best to get back there.

Choros rode the coal boom with Millenium Coal, in which Excel Coal took a controlling stake in 2004. He and former colleagues like Peter Westerhuis have reformed under the Batchfire banner, and are trying to close a deal to buy Anglo's Callide mine.
Thank you for sharing. That’s quite a story. I found the Netflix show about the crocodile fixer up North. That dude seems to make bank off those lizards b

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back