The January Topic: KUIU vs Sitka!

KUIU or Sitka

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like the Sitka gear I have bought. Performs well. Started getting into Stone Glacier this fall and will probably buy a few more of their pieces.

Had a bugling match across an open park with timber on both sides one year.. I know now if it were a bull I should have been on their side of the park, but that’s not the point. Point is, all they had to do was raise a bugle tube to their lips for us to see it was a man and woman in Kuiu. The bluish hue in that camo shone brightly in the faint dimness of the edge of that tree cover… the bugle-off that took place is another story for another time…

Conversely, when my brother in law and I get 40-50 yards apart to do a calling session in our Sitka, I have to try hard to keep an eye on his movements or i very easily lose sight of him behind limbs or in tall grass. I don’t particularly like the quality of material of Sitka and cannot speak on the durability of Kuiu, but as far as the effectiveness of them both, Sitka wins, bar none, in my opinion.
I don't think there is anything that can hang with Kryptec Highlander when it comes to hiding from the human eye.

I'm moving more towards solids however, as I just don't think camo is all that necessary. I shot a turkey a few years ago in a solid brown jacket, if that works I don't think ungulates are a problem.

Im an under armour guy. And my over 2k in cammo says Im not changing anytime soon. Ive never liked the feel of the sitka gear. Feels cheap to me. Never tried kuiu.

Kuiu Attack pants are the best hunting pants any of those companies have ever made. Sitka is great if you're prepared to pay for it (although it's all pretty expensive and I'm a sale rack junkie anyway). First Light has the best layering and their product line overall is on par, if not better than, Sitka and Kuiu now. Kuiu has the biggest a-holes on the corporate/ownership level though, so I don't buy their stuff anymore at all.

My Kuiu has held up slightly better than the Sitka that I have. I have been impressed with how both brands have helped me stay warmer when needed, cooler when required and in general have allowed for me to stay out longer and enjoy whatever the weather brings.

I like the Sitka gear I have bought. Performs well. Started getting into Stone Glacier this fall and will probably buy a few more of their pieces.
Which pieces did you get? I want to try out some Stone Glacier this year.

Bit of humor intended though interest is the camo market and what floats your boat. 😅

Stunned #8 for an Off Season, January thread. Didn't believe such was possible for a hunt public forum.

Noted: "Psychology Today" study in place. Results to be published.

Chit! I'd be remiss if I do not share my camo choice!

Other:
*Camo Fire sale many moons ago - decked out C4E. I look like a standing tree!
Is that the Mountain Mimicry (mothwing) pattern? I had a bunch of C4E in that, still have a pair of Sitka pants, a ball cap and a base layer shirt in that camo.

I'm heavy on Kuiu gear, their clothing fits me best and performs best for me.
Layering I'm more First lite, along with hats/gloves, and heavy outerwear for tree stand hunting.
No complaints with the Sitka gear I own, which are jackets and a few layering items.

Kuiu Attack pants are the best hunting pants any of those companies have ever made. Sitka is great if you're prepared to pay for it (although it's all pretty expensive and I'm a sale rack junkie anyway). First Light has the best layering and their product line overall is on par, if not better than, Sitka and Kuiu now. Kuiu has the biggest a-holes on the corporate/ownership level though, so I don't buy their stuff anymore at all.
I have really been liking the FL corrugate foundry pant. I think you either love or hate the knee pads and the long leg zips.

Which pieces did you get? I want to try out some Stone Glacier this year.
Altimeter gloves and the grumman puffy pants. I'll be picking up the grumman jacket before it gets cold next fall. I like the gloves but I'm not sure they're going to be warm enough for the really cold stuff.

I have really been liking the FL corrugate foundry pant. I think you either love or hate the knee pads and the long leg zips.
I haven’t found any pants I like better yet. I’m 50/50 on the knee pads but the leg zips are money! Being able to have on insulation and dump heat on the walk in is awesome. Probably would work even better with zip off base layers but I haven’t invested in those yet

I was previously all Sitka. I’m getting some Kuiu now that they are finally making some stuff in Tall sizes. It’s nice not to have to choose between short pants or looking like MC Hammer.

I own a lot of Kuiu garments. I was turned on to them years ago before they were the in thing. I own 0 Sitka so can't chime in on them but I have been wanting to try one of their coats/jackets that has wind stopper in it. I keep looking for a good deal because I won't pay full price for it. I also have a lot of FL stuff. Their base layers are the most comfortable but not the most durable. Kuiu has been tough as nails and well worth the price.

Quality is one thing, but IMO, besides birds of any kind, camo pattern doesn't matter for fooling bigger game. I’ve been extremely close to all types in solid colors, without any issue.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back