Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

The hunting game

And you walked to school through three feet of snow uphill both ways.

giphy.gif

Had the original Deer Hunter. Cheat codes were the best. Had a few of the Cabelas games where it played actual video of animals to put your cartoon crosshairs on. But my favorite game was:

birdhunter.png

Stupid question maybe one of you guys could answer because those games are the extent of my computer knowledge. Could I install those old games on my step sons pc? I'll bet there still at my mom's house somewhere.

All you old guys talking about color tv and limited channels. We didn't have a color TV until I was 11 in 1999, my dad used some scrap metal so we had a 25 ft tall antenna and got a few channels.

The original deer hunter and deer hunter 4 on PC were great. Cheat codes all the way.

Stupid question maybe one of you guys could answer because those games are the extent of my computer knowledge. Could I install those old games on my step sons pc? I'll bet there still at my mom's house somewhere.
Nice try, Nick. Fixed it for you.
couldn’t you play DH4 online?
let’s get it going. Lol

I haven’t played video games since junior high, but if rockstar made a western hunting game I’d check it out.
Can’t you elk hunt in red dead 2?
Elk, deer, bears, pronghorn, sheep, wolves, ducks and geese - probably the best hunting game out there at the moment.

Depends what kind of media it was on and whether you have the proper drive to load it onto your newer PC. I’ve had software over the years on 5-1/4” and 3-1/2” floppy disks and CD’s, but my current laptop doesn’t have external drives for any of that since most all software is downloadable now.

If it’s an old DOS program, you can open a DOS window on your computer by typing COMMAND in the Windows search bar. Once you have that open you can install old DOS programs, but you’ll need to type in the DOS commands to install it. Type DIR and it’ll show you what files are on the disk. There may be a readme.txt with instructions or an install.bat that will install the files onto your PC. If it’s an older Windows program, then it may or may not work.

Depends what kind of media it was on and whether you have the proper drive to load it onto your newer PC. I’ve had software over the years on 5-1/4” and 3-1/2” floppy disks and CD’s, but my current laptop doesn’t have external drives for any of that since most all software is downloadable now.

If it’s an old DOS program, you can open a DOS window on your computer by typing COMMAND in the Windows search bar. Once you have that open you can install old DOS programs, but you’ll need to type in the DOS commands to install it. Type DIR and it’ll show you what files are on the disk. There may be a readme.txt with instructions or an install.bat that will install the files onto your PC. If it’s an older Windows program, then it may or may not work.
You lost me already 😄

Yah I was quite the poacher with the cheat codes! 🤣 The cabelas video ones sucked imo.
Thats what was kinda cool about the game I posted it taught you a lot about hunting in general and if you poached you were fined and your license was taken away and you had to start all over at 0% complete again.

You can play them old games on a newer PC like @Wildabeast said. You can Google how to play old computer games on new computer and it will walk you thru the process.

Thats what was kinda cool about the game I posted it taught you a lot about hunting in general and if you poached you were fined and your license was taken away and you had to start all over at 0% complete again.
Yah same with the cabelas one I think. The deer hunter guys must of been a bunch of midwest, miller lite drinking shoot out the truck window types, same kind I was raised with🤷‍♂️

I played outside when I was a kid.;)
Me to from dark to dark...you couldn't get me in the house, but eventually my mother would yell out the back door using my first and middle name. Then I knew I better get my skinny ass inside immediately. Haha

Reactions: Hem
Holy shit I remember these games. I could pop the cd in the hard drive and go make lunch and come back and the son of a bitch would only be 33 percent loaded....... wasted a lot of hours playing cabelas big game hunter, and Oregon trail.

Me to from dark to dark...you couldn't get me in the house, but eventually my mother would yell out the back door using my first and middle name. Then I knew I better get my skinny ass inside immediately. Haha
Yep, first and middle name means business,for sure.

Back