The hell is this?

To be serious and any biologist on here might tell you that sometimes when trees are partially uprooted for various reasons, any part of tree limbs touching soil has the potential to grow new roots especially at the union of the branch. On the serious side, I think this tree was partially uprooted and the mangled mess you are looking at is probably old root structure. I have been growing and translating lilacs this way, cutting branches and getting them to root and then planting them elsewhere.

To be serious and any biologist on here might tell you that sometimes when trees are partially uprooted for various reasons, any part of tree limbs touching soil has the potential to grow new roots especially at the union of the branch. On the serious side, I think this tree was partially uprooted and the mangled mess you are looking at is probably old root structure. I have been growing and translating lilacs this way, cutting branches and getting them to root and then planting them elsewhere.
Disagree on this one

Don't think so.
Lots of different things can cause witch's broom, mistletoe is one.

Don't think so.
Lots of different things can cause witch's broom, mistletoe is one.
I am not a biologist so I got new clue what yer talking about. I used a method called layering to get new growth to produce roots and then cut and transplant it. I got it to work on willow, cottonwood, roses, and lilacs so far. Not an expert on it but got it to work on some trees. I seen cottonwoods by the South Platte where we had our farm that pretty much laid on it's side with roots sticking out and new trunk lifted the roots up in the air after a couple years.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back