Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

The Good Ol’ Days

CPAjeff

What an incredible day hunting turkeys today with my favorite hunting buddy!

Utah allows hunters to start hunting small game and birds as soon as they have completed hunters education - there is no age requirement. As such, I surprised my seven year old with a semi-auto 20 gauge and three turkey tags as a graduation present. We set out this morning, the birds cooperated perfectly and his aim was dead on!

The good ol’ days are right now!!

3EB68164-8416-4322-9C76-C1D0F2241281.jpeg

This is so cool. I get a big blast out of watching my fellow hunters succeed. I am especially fond though of kids being successful. Go for the opportunity while you can and get him into hunting early.

Guessing it was an online hunter ed course? I'm mentoring my 7 year-old grandson in his online second grade schooling. There's no way he could read or understand our hunters ed manual even though it's been dumbed down to a ridiculous level.

Turkey is still on my bucket list. Nice looking birds.

Guessing it was an online hunter ed course? I'm mentoring my 7 year-old grandson in his online second grade schooling. There's no way he could read or understand our hunters ed manual even though it's been dumbed down to a ridiculous level.

Turkey is still on my bucket list. Nice looking birds.

It was a three part hunters education program:

1) Online learning curriculum
2) “Field Day” held over Zoom
3) MC Examination

My son definitely gets his smarts from his mom! Poor kid gets more homework from his sweet mom than he does from his teachers at school.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st BDX Scope
Back