Caribou Gear

The End

Have you responded to this topic?

• If you’ve sent a SINGLE moderator request regarding this topic…

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Delete your user account and renew membership to either crybaby.com or NAMBLA

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has to be funny to be considered satire, no?
Uhhh, no. You can laugh at the stupidity of people, and it certainly helps get the message across for TV, but that doesn't have to be the intent to be satire.
Or those guys are hacks. You ever watch Bill Burr or George Carlin?
Yes. I'm a fan of both. But not exactly the same thing as The Daily Show. Like you said, Different Strokes. The problem is TDS is 25+ years old. It isn't new anymore. We are now all aware of the stupidity and hypocrisy in politics. I guess the masses have moved on to being entertained by Tik Tok.

Uhhh, no. You can laugh at the stupidity of people, and it certainly helps get the message across for TV, but that doesn't have to be the intent to be satire.

Yes. I'm a fan of both. But not exactly the same thing as The Daily Show. Like you said, Different Strokes. The problem is TDS is 25+ years old. It isn't new anymore. We are now all aware of the stupidity and hypocrisy in politics. I guess the masses have moved on to being entertained by Tik Tok.
SNL is still good from time to time.

Or those guys are hacks. You ever watch Bill Burr or George Carlin?
Carlin, literally the greatest. I mean everyone is going to fall short of that bar.

Burr is kinda more an a-hole comic like Dennis Leary rather than a political comedian.

Some of Stewart’s jokes don’t land but he scores pretty regularly for doing that many shows and writing that many bits, kinda hard to compare him to Carlin in that regard as well. Plus Stewart has a team of writers…

Over all it’s been good to have him back for this fall, Noah cratered during the pandemic IMHO.

Trump from an HR perspective. From the home of flat-brimmed red hats, Salt Lake City.

I have to agree with the article that you have to view it as voting for more than just a President at this point. This is situations we have put ourselves in - Choosing between two candidates largely disliked and considered unqualified for the job by the majority of voters. I would hope for some changes to the election process to encourage participation of other candidates. We seem to be moving in the opposite direction, to the delight of our enemies I'm sure. It's going to be a long 8 months.

No hope for the third guy?
None. Kennedy is a bit of joke. Younger, but no more coherent than the other two on the issues. Any reasonable third person (think Manchin or Cheney) has to ask if their participation would change the results for what they are running against. Hard to image the 3rd party getting 270, but imagining a scenario where the third party candidate won a state and kept either other candidate from getting 270 is possible. We are almost divided straight down the middle by population, but only a few states will actually determine the outcome. That is a problem.

None. Kennedy is a bit of joke. Younger, but no more coherent than the other two on the issues. Any reasonable third person (think Manchin or Cheney) has to ask if their participation would change the results for what they are running against. Hard to image the 3rd party getting 270, but imagining a scenario where the third party candidate won a state and kept either other candidate from getting 270 is possible. We are almost divided straight down the middle by population, but only a few states will actually determine the outcome. That is a problem.
That's the spirit. 👍

Reasonable third person = Cheney

Now that’s funny 😆

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back