The End

Have you responded to this topic?

• If you’ve sent a SINGLE moderator request regarding this topic…

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Delete your user account and renew membership to either crybaby.com or NAMBLA

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but it's awfully easy to do...

I'd love to see a different system, with the capability of putting up better candidates. It's a tough nut to crack, though... How do you get politicians who bought into the 2-party model to pass legislation that weakens the 2-party model? And the risks are so real... (well demonstrated by the apparent choice we have this time around).

We can't expect to do that until we change the way we vote. There is no more primitive means of voting than what we do here.

I agree. I still don't overlook the years of her demonization by GOP, in correct anticipation of her ascendancy to the nomination. That is the way our sausage of leadership is made, has been for centuries.
Demonized by a bunch of deplorables who couldn't or wouldn't grasp that it was her turn...all those skids greased in vain. Do you believe every voter who voted against her were illegally manipulated. Look duds, Trump is a narcissistic POS, no argument...but wasn't he once the darling of New York liberal celebs and Democratic Pols until he got hooked on the ultimate attention high and limitless grift of politics and waded into their pond.

Demonized by a bunch of deplorables who couldn't or wouldn't grasp that it was her turn...all those skids greased in vain. Do you believe every voter who voted against her were illegally manipulated. Look duds, Trump is a narcissistic POS, no argument...but wasn't he once the darling of New York liberal celebs and Democratic Pols until he got hooked on the ultimate attention high and limitless grift of politics and waded into their pond.
Politics aside he's been an arrogant, ignorant ass his whole life...

Regarding term limits, they won't fix anything. If we are to fix it, it is on voters to look further than the party affiliation of the candidate. Unless and until enough voters will consider both candidates, individually, we are where we are.

Each side thinks the other side is the problem. That is our problem. Without some ability to compromise, we will remain where we are.

I guarantee you the founding father never had visions of 70-80 year olds running this place for 30+ years while being worth a 1000x their annual income
Unfortunately there have been career politicians as long as we’ve had a political system. We just live longer than we ever have so they don’t see any reason to step down. Most aren’t capable of holding another job where they could command that salary, much like tenured college professors. It was mentioned earlier but there are minimum ages to run, we need a max too. Term limits wouldn’t hurt anything but it’s not a cure all

I guarantee you the founding father never had visions of 70-80 year olds running this place for 30+ years while being worth a 1000x their annual income

Many of the founding fathers were pretty long in the tooth.

Most aren’t capable of holding another job where they could command that salary
Some are pretty good at the stock market. Others could probably make good money sitting on the boards of international companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burger hunter
Back