the Elk buck lives through the season!

schmalts

I didnt know if Jeff was going to post pictures but he did . This is a much better picture of the buck i was after during this falls Muzz hunt. Jeff sent me a picture about a month ago and i knew it was him. I confirmed it with him that the location of the place i saw it and he filmed it was well within the winter migration route he would have taken to get out the the high country where i saw him.
Pretty easy to tell what one is him...
http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID21/2163.html#20

Crap Schmalts, I guess you'll be putting in for that same tag again, ea ?
That thing would really streach a tape.

Schmalts,
That's a dream buck, for sure!!! hump
I hope you get the chance to match wits with him again.:)
( p.s.- He still looks young, might be more growth to come):eek:

He's awesome schmalts, glad to see he made it. So what are the chances you can get that tag again next year?

If his front forks were proportionate to his backs, he'd be ridiculously big. Nice double throat patch, too.

I think he's a fairly young buck and has no where to go but up. Next year will be his last Pman!

Yep, the 2nd to the last photo has got to be him. Increadible rear tine hight! Big deal if he's "a little weak in the front" like some guys would say. His rear tine length more than makes up for it. Good luck geting on him next year as long as you can pull a tag.

I am not sure if i can draw the unit next year or not. I will have to wait and see the stats in a couple months. I sure hope i can and i think there is hope.
The picture jeff posted was the only good one he got he said, as it was hauling ass sniffing poon. I had to ask him what the right side looked like to confirm it was crab clawed like the left side. DK wasn't sure if the one i saw was crabbed on both sides either as the pictures i took were not the greatest but i had seen him 2 days before i filmed him at 200 yards but wasnt about to waste time taking pictures. But i did get a super good look at him through the spotter at close range and when i saw the pictures DK took i knew it was him even though he didn't!
When i get home i will have to re-post the pictures i took.
I don't care if his fronts would hurt his score because he is one IMPRESSIVE looking deer any way. Now you guys know why i told myself it was him or nothing. I passed on a 170 class buck @ 50 yards just because i knew this bastard was someplace close by, but his luck was better than mine, i guess that is why he is as big as he is:D

schmalts said:
I am not sure if i can draw the unit next year or not. I will have to wait and see the stats in a couple months. I sure hope i can and i think there is hope.
If not, let me know and I will finish what you couldn't.;) :D

For us poor country folks with dial up, I would like to see just that pic posted here if someone could do it....with like 12 pics on the MM forum it will only load a couple before it locks up on me.

BIGchase.jpg

What's the guess on the antlers? I would throw out 190-195 gross. Awesome buck with great back tines.

I guessed his right side to be about 84". His left side has a shorter G4 but an extra in-line on the back. Probably a wash, so with a 20-22" inside, he'd be close to 190. How far off am I?

I guessed just at 200.
The rears are huge, and you have to look at the fact that his fronts are big as well , if you add up the 4 points that make up the front forks.. well they do add up but up in a strage way. His mains are very long as well but it is hard to see from his picture angle. either way i would take him over bucks that score higher just for his WOW factor

Thats a smoker of a buck, and definately has the wow factor! You have any pictures of the side view?

This is my best estimate... 185-190 give or take.

I'll have to look, but I'm not so sure I don't have a picture of this same deer from a year ago. Antlers are very similar, but smaller.

Bambi
I think you are pretty close on score. Won't come close to 200 with 6-7 inch G4s, fairly average main beams and no brows to speak of. I'm got 20-30 seconds of video I've played over a number of times and he's not a booner. Still worth going after Pman

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back