The Devil's Lettuce

Same. Called HR once for the company I used to work for, asked who I was and I said
I'm an employee at x location. Then they asked "are you management"? I replied "no". I was promptly told I did not have authority to talk to HR and that was that.
From the new HR lady: “I came from the private sector where Human Resources is employee-centric. What the hell is going on here?”
A62DE45A-4B64-4F05-B66E-F29BC44A7769.png

Guess I'll have to wait for Montana to become a shithole like Oregon because pot is legal. I'll start holding my breath....Now. mtmuley

yes oregon voted to decriminalize hard drugs. That went really well, no problems whatsoever.

And Oregon had initially promised pot growers they’d approve only local producers, but them opened the floodgates to out of state money and drove a lot of locals out of business.

In a cash grab, the state also approved MJ producers with criminal records/felonies and then guess what, some didn’t comply with growing regulations. Surprise.

And several politicians seeking election or reelection attended fundraisers with and took wads of cash from a particular marijuana power couple/business.

Then the Secretary of State started taking money from that same marijuana business while overseeing an investigation into it. She resigned and apparently there are State and Federal investigations pending.

So you fellas in MT take note, and dont do it how Oregon has done it.

Last edited:
yes oregon voted to decriminalize hard drugs. That went really well, no problems whatsoever.

And Oregon had initially promised pot growers they’d approve only local producers, but them opened the floodgates to out of state money and drove a lot of locals out of business.

In a cash grab, the state also approved MJ producers with criminal records/felonies and then guess what, some didn’t comply with growing regulations. Surprise.

And several politicians seeking election or reelection attended fundraisers with and took wads of cash from a particular marijuana power couple/business.

Then the Secretary of State started taking money from that same marijuana business while overseeing an investigation into it. She resigned and apparently there are State and Federal investigations pending.

So you fellas in MT take note, and dont do it how Oregon has done it.
I think you need to look into the particulars a little more. Only some of what you say is actually fact.

I've never used it. It isn't my jam and I don't hang out with a ton of people who use anymore (other than the 40+ Dave concerts I've been to). I don't think I'd really care if someone used it at a camp, as long as it didn't make them lose control or have serious judgement issues.

I have strong beliefs around recreational drug use, even though I've never used drugs recreationally. I've seen marijuana ruin or limit a lot of future opportunities for some kids in my school district. I don't think the stuff should be legal for kids because they're kids.

That being said, I don't think marijuana use should be against the law (federal or otherwise) for adults other than when it negatively affects others (driving).

Politically, I want the government's hands off of more things. The government has too many things they regulate, prohibit and/or tax. Marijuana shouldn't be one of them. There is nowhere in America, even where legal, where pot isn't regulated and taxed. It shouldn't be either. Regulating and taxing growers who are trying to stay on the up and up makes them unable to compete with illegal growers/cartels. The war on drugs is a joke. Let people do what they want unless it negatively affects others.

I work with a lot of LEOs in my job, and most of them like being in a state where it isn't legal for recreational use. I wouldn't say that legalization has made certain states better places to live, but I also think the government needs quit micro-managing adults and let them make their own choices.

Last edited:
Back