Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

The "CWD is a HOAX" movement is building

Credible, FWIW:

Not funded by an industry with a financial interest in the result (livestock or game farm associations, for instance).

Results that have been replicated by independent researchers, the more times the better. If only one person can ever achieve the result, that’s suspect.

Published in peer reviewed literature. Anything that’s only self-published by the author/industry in a blog or website= not credible.

Studies with small sample sizes and limited timeframes will be taken with a grain of salt until some of the above justify their support.

Do tell the REAL story. Provide credible links please.

I just told you the REAL story from a public meeting. They’ve stuck to that narrative the whole time. They don’t know that it’ll work, but we have to do something right or wrong. 🤦‍♂️

These people spent tens of thousands of dollars of their parents money to learn to form ideas and type them out in long form on issues they never should’ve had opinions on.
Your age and wisdom mean nothing here, “boomer”.
You’re not gonna win.
Stick and move!
I worked at a crappy restaurant to earn the $276 ($3.35 a hour and no tips) for my first quarter at a 3rd tier college many many moons ago . . . So I have that going for me which is nice.

I saw nothing of substance, so forgive my skepticism.

I don’t care what you feel. I like to go and actually listen to the folks making the decisions, not just read something on the internet. From what I’ve heard, they may be more of a threat to the resource than cwd. Time will tell, though.

I don’t care what you feel. I like to go and actually listen to the folks making the decisions, not just read something on the internet. From what I’ve heard, they may be more of a threat to the resource than cwd. Time will tell, though.
But don’t you think understanding the research behind why they are making the decisions would be beneficial? Or are you content to believe it’s just a haphazard decision with no basis? I can assure you a lot of work goes into figuring out what the options might be, what the outcomes of those actions would be, and then trying to choose the best alternative.

In the face of CWD, what do you think the goal should be? How then should they achieve that goal?

At least you go to meetings though. You’re ahead of 99% of hunters.

You don’t say? 😉
Please don’t have me locked up for that.
It’s was a little bit funny.
I get so tired of you and Randy being able to poke holes in my “woe is me” outlook on my life.
Guess I need to pull myself up by my bootstraps and find a job that doesn’t entail 70hrs a week of isolated menial labor for 5-6 months a year.
Can’t take much more of this alone time.
41 more days 🤞.
Signing off now.
Ahhhhhhh!!!! ahhhhhhh!!!!ahhhhhhh!!!!

But don’t you think understanding the research behind why they are making the decisions would be beneficial? Or are you content to believe it’s just a haphazard decision with no basis? I can assure you a lot of work goes into figuring out what the options might be, what the outcomes of those actions would be, and then trying to choose the best alternative.

In the face of CWD, what do you think the goal should be? How then should they achieve that goal?

At least you go to meetings though. You’re ahead of 99% of hunters.

I don’t know what they say in the meetings you go to, but the end result in the ones I go to has been no/nearly no deer, regardless of what kills them, in the end.

After they tell you that they’re gonna drastically lower the numbers and deer hunting, because of the implemented increased hunter harvest, will never be the same again, they’re quick to tell you to buy hunting licenses. It seems that they forget hunting licenses purchases are tied to hunter satisfaction. 🤦‍♂️

Not funded by an industry with a financial interest in the result

Hunting Wife, I agree with nearly everything you’ve posted on this subject. But this one statement did give me a bit of pause- I do worry that those in charge of “fixing” the CWD issue may be financially incentivized to actually yield no results for as long as possible. This phenomenon is not reserved for CWD researchers obviously, this is a fairly common problem throughout academia (my opinion).

I am in no way a science denier, and CWD is clearly real. But I do think it’s fair and even healthy to question the direction of things when after a decade+ little progress has apparently been made.

It is interesting to read this thread and the Montana Mule Deer Mismanagement thread Found Here going on in tandem. On this thread, anyone questioning anything regarding CWD and the prescribed way to combat it is not well received. On that one, Montana is insane, ruining mule deer hunting forever and no one should trust a word they say ever again- anyone who questions that is not well received Can’t say which is right vs wrong, just interesting I guess.

Last edited:
I worked at a crappy restaurant to earn the $276 ($3.35 a hour and no tips) for my first quarter at a 3rd tier college many many moons ago . . . So I have that going for me which is nice.
Damn! That's good money. I remember being paid $1.82/hr for teaching labs at MSU (2nd tier). I guess I'm older than you... :(

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back