The "CWD is a HOAX" movement is building

ahhh, so first you asked "what would you have done?", and now you're asking what she would do now with current variables being what they are?

Nope. My first question was about current conditions. She talked about the past in her response, so I asked my question again.

With your reading comprehension, maybe you’re the dense one. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Nope. My first question was about current conditions. She talked about the past in her response, so I asked my question again.

With your reading comprehension, maybe you’re the dense one. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Past tense asked, I answered. I also presented my views earlier in the thread. My opinions on this are no secret here.

At this point it seems you are more interested in antagonism than discussion, so I won’t waste any more time on it.

I live a stone's throw from where CWD started near Ft Collins. Do a search and you will find the first prions and positive case of CWD in wild game was found outside the CSU facility in Fort Collins where they were experimenting. Prions have been in our area since 1981. They had culling projects the first couple years trying to prevent it's spread. Needless to say, CWD still scattered to just about every corner in Colo...and from here to numerous states across the US. Although it's taken time for the deer to rebound since the first culling practice by hunters/sharp shooters the prions are still in the soil and the deer slowly but surely have rebounded. We still have CWD in the same area it originated 40 years ago and have never had a catastrophic die-off....only the mass slaughter of deer by hunters and sharpshooters when it first occurred.

With that said, I haven't seen an obvious deer with CWD for years upon years. The predators tend to take care of the sick ones and the healthy deer survive. We still have mature bucks that get harvested by hunters every year in our area that look 100% healthy when harvested that test positive for CWD.

I've been around CWD and CWD deer for over 40 years...out in the field just about every day at work. My thoughts are that CWD is blown totally out of proportion. If you've ever been around EHD you know exactly what it's like to be around localized epidemic die-offs of deer and possibly antelope. No CWD epidemic has ever happened in 40 years of being smack dab in the center where CWD started. You would actually think if CWD was as horrible as people believe, that the prions would continue to build every year to the point that no deer would exist? That has never happened even in an area where prions have been in the soil for upwards of 40 years!

Past tense asked, I answered. I also presented my views earlier in the thread. My opinions on this are no secret here.

At this point it seems you are more interested in antagonism than discussion, so I won’t waste any more time on it.

Not antagonizing at all just asked your opinion about the current management practices and what you would do differently. I guess you’re the only one that can ask the same question when you think it doesn’t get answered.

I've always had the view that all necessary and useful contributions are provided in the first two pages of any thread. After that, we are just left with reiterations, petty squabbling, full-on political hijacks, and/or funny or interesting tangents unrelated to the original post.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back