MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

The countdown has begun.....

Well I drew a Ft Rich archery moose tag right in the hear of the rut. This is going to be a fun hunt and we'll be getting some video as well. Anyone else do any good on permits?

guppie or akbearhunter, do you as residents get any guaranteed tags for anything up there? what I mean is, here in illinois, we can purchase a hunting license and habitat stamp for 15-20 dollars. that gives us the right to hunt small game, birds, varmints, etc. duck takes the stamps, turkey is a draw, and so is deer. but almost everyone that lives here gets to hunt all these things. and if you hunt deer with a bow, you can get tags that are good state wide. still have trouble with residents not being able to hunt their own state they live in.

TLC,

As a resident, you can hunt damn near anything. There are draws for really prime areas, though. But realistically, there is no reason a resident can't hunt black bear, grizz, moose, caribou, sheep, goats, deer, etc. every year. In fact, I think the only animal that you can't just pick up a tag for are bison and musk ox, although I could be wrong on that. It is pretty nice, I must say.

OK guppie, now I understand. you draw for areas, not necessarily the tag itself. guess that makes sense since we have to draw for counties here. only so many tags for each county. good thing about owning land, always get tags for gun and bow.

Drew DB293. Luckily my friend also drew and he's already got his friend lined up to take us over on his seiner in May. This is the same area we saw all those bear in elk hunting last fall. I'd hoped to draw the fall hunt, but spring should be ok. Told my friend I didn't really care if I shot one so he can have first crack at it. He took an 8'er five years ago and wants one pushin 10'. Me I'd take a nice 8'6" - 9' with a good hide.

Back