MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

The biggest antelope I've ever guided to...

EliAGrimmett

I haven't posted in awhile, so I thought I'd start digging through the archives and see what I could dig up that might be interesting for everyone.

My Dad is still angry at me to this day (and I don't blame him) about the extremely poor photos I took after Pat Brewer killed this buck back in 2003. I have to chalk it up to a "rookie" mistake and it's one I won't make again. I only took about 7 photos of this buck with the hunter, none of which were very good, and I never got in any of the photos. Pat had only a disposable camera that we tried to take a few photos of the buck with later, but they came out unusable. I'll see if I can find one to show you what I mean.

Moral of the story: When you kill a once in a lifetime animal (or anything that you're happy with for that matter) don't be camera shy!

215438-R1-E002_1-2.jpg

I gotta hand it to you, that is probably the worst photo I have ever seen of such a tremendous buck. You out did yourself on those pics, especially compared to what you normally have.

Safe to say this situation never happened again, eh?

I promise if I get an AZ tag and shoot one anywhere near that size, I will take cards full of photos. Hopefully the taxidermy worked out better than the photos.

Don't we have a thread about terrible photos that someone started a while back. Thinking this one should be in there. Would be enhanced with Dinkshooter holding it up with his cig hanging off his bottom lip.

Looking at the net versus gross on that buck, wouldn't he have beat the current WR if not for some symmetry issues?

WOW!! Those uber-lopes look almost like a completely different species than a regular buck.

Love including the butt shot in the pic! ;)

That is a huge buck!!! Maybe the horns are just huge, but it looks like he is a small bodied pronghorn.

I didn't start carrying around a digital until the last few years. Kind of seems to be the norm with most people I know.

I can't even imagine walking up to something like that.

Me either!!!

We had originally thought the buck was close to 90-inches when we first located him in 2002. In 2003 we were never able to get closer than 600 yards so we never were able to accurately field judge him. We thought he'd score similar to the year before. It wasn't until my Dad and Rick Ullery killed the new Utah State Record that scored over 91 that we started to think this buck might be World Record class because the Utah 91-incher, from the video we had, didn't even come close to the size of this buck!

Huge old buck. Was the ham shot the first one or the second?

You know, I think I remember the back end of the buck going down first so I'll have to say the ham shot was first. I don't remember if the buck even required another shot. I'll have to look back at my records and see if I wrote anything about that.

I see blood on the rear quarter and what looks to be an entry hole...someone a little nervous when the shot...:)

EDIT: DOH...see post above...

Rick Ullery

Could you post some pics of the Rick Ullery buck? I live close to were it was killed and have never seen a pic

My god that thing is a monster i cant even imagine seeing that in my scope and just to be along must have been awesome.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back