Yeti GOBOX Collection

The 411 on FWP's website problems

Ben Lamb

Talked with the director today and the first thing he brought up was "Did you see that fiasco we had with the surplus tags and the website?"

Long story short, it's the service provider. They can't handle the traffic. Sounds like a change may come, but there could be some contractual issues they're looking into first.

Montana, we've got slower internet speed than most third world countries.

Attachments

• ted-stevens.jpg
    ted-stevens.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 287
Service provider? I don't think so.

In no particular order everything wrong with FWP is caused by woofs, lions, bios, and phony sportsmen groups. I have no doubt the internet breakdown was caused by one or all of the above.

It may have been worse, but we all know that the site crashes every time that M/S/G results are released, every time deer/elk are released and usually when surplus tags come out. I guess it doesn't really bother me all that much if it is their server as I'd rather have them spend their money in other ways than worrying about the 3-4 days each year when traffic goes through the roof...but then again, I live in Billings and usually just go wait in line at FWP at 5am if I want a surplus tag.

I guess it doesn't really bother me all that much if it is their server as I'd rather have them spend their money in other ways than worrying about the 3-4 days each year when traffic goes through the roof...

Agreed. I don't give two turds about the internet in Montana or the FWP website crashing. Bigger problems to be solved.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishing-Moka
Back