Yeti GOBOX Collection

The 10 Most Accurate Factory Hunting Rifles...

Sytes

Field & Stream released an article i found interesting especially considering the various "hunting rifles" discussed here... While some present a tactical design a few others maintain the customary hunting rifle stocks.
Field & Stream have been pretty sound in past article I've read though this one has me scratching my head.
To place an article of this magnitude, I would have hoped for a detailed spreadsheet that covered the top 20 hunting rifle manufacturer's most, "big game" coveted hunting rifle, caliber, the best factory load, and grouping/range.
I find it odd though w/o direct experience as I don't have the $$$ to purchase / use top rifles... Though to not see top names such as, Weatherby, Howa, etc or shared in a spreadsheet with the stats to show how they ranked, makes this review a tough pill to swallow.
With that said, Mauser peaked my interest for the literal, bang for the buck...

Boy, I'm not sure I would be able to hunt with any of those rifles. They all seem to be top dollar. I mean you can kill a pile of critters with alot cheaper options. Tikka, Winchester, Savage, Weatherby Vangaurd, Howa, are all cheaper than most of those on that list and can shoot just as good if you do you part.

The Mauser M18 at $699 is really worth looking at. Especially for a hunting style rifle vss some of the target rifles.
I spent more on a used Forbes 24B in 280 Rem.
Spending more on a Mauser build for my daughter, and i bought the donor gun for $65.

I thought the Mauser M18 was pretty interesting in that list, but yeah, I didn't think most of those looked like the kind of rifle I'd take hunting. Accuracy is very important, but there's more to it than that when talking about a hunting rifle. Especially if your hiking and climbing mountains along the way.

I am absolutely in love with my B14 HMR. Once I got my system down for attaching it to my pack, the weight doesn't bother me.

They have been consumed by the precision rifle fad like many other companies. I don’t need turrets or a FFP reticle. Just like I don’t need 5-25x magnification like everyone offers or suggests these days. Same with the vertical pistol grip many of those rifles have. If people would become better shooters they wouldn’t need all that stuff.

Interesting list, but they are not quite what I would prefer. Back in the day articles boasted that Savage had a reputation for accurate out of the box rifles and at a reasonable price. I guess today reasonable price isn't in the list of considerations. Nor was Savage...

I have 3 Weatherby Vanguard and 2 Remington 700 rifles that all will shoot multiple loads moa or better ... and all cost well under $1,000!

I also like walnut and the looks of "traditional" bolt action rifles without all of the space age gimmicks that are on most of the rifles shown in that article. However I have seen the value of stainless steel and plastic stocks in wet weather.

Lol... yea I saw this one yesterday, not sure what parallel universe they are living in.

No Berger bullets? Have they ever heard of the .284 168 Gr vld? No 7 rm but we got a 6.5 creed and a .308... lol
Hornady sst? They Must have a different definition of “long range”

Lol... yea I saw this one yesterday, not sure what parallel universe they are living in.

No Berger bullets? Have they ever heard of the .284 168 Gr vld? No 7 rm but we got a 6.5 creed and a .308... lol
Hornady sst? They Must have a different definition of “long range”

They need article fodder so those will be next.

Back