Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Thanksgiving cringe moment

Bullshot

I suppose Thanksgiving would not be complete without a brief moment where your mind contemplates the likelihood of going downtown on charges of negligent homicide.

You see, I REALIZE I should have had a better and taller backstop behind the target when I brought over a crossbow to Thanksgiving for my family to try in the backyard. But it groups within an inch at that range so I didn’t think that much about anyone missing. My daughters and nephews were each encouraged to give it a try at 25 yards. I explained how and where to aim, how to be careful where you hold it, and to watch fingers. Even brought safety glasses for them. And everyone did fine, hitting the target within an inch or two of the bull. Until…. my one nephew takes up the crossbow… appears to aim… but straight launches a bolt way over target through the trees and down into a river valley where kids often play and people fish all the time. 😬😬😬😬😬😬

Well, that was that, I double checked that nobody was down there 😬😬😬😬 🙏🙏🙏 … whew…. good….and then cased up the crossbow. Went and found the now broken bolt pieces down in the valley, with the front 1/2 buried in the dirt.

Next time, back to fundamentals… backstop… know target and beyond….. etc

yikes 😬😬

Happy Thanksgiving All!

There may be a hole very near the top of my privacy fence and one in the drywall in my garage from arrows that were shot at targets that were 'too big to miss at that range'. And I can't even blame those errant shots on kids...or alcohol.
I see lots of backyard bow ranges in some tight neighborhoods. Always makes me wonder… as I have certainly flung some arrows through my post/rail fence (but into the woods) over the years..

I see lots of backyard bow ranges in some tight neighborhoods. Always makes me wonder… as I have certainly flung some arrows through my post/rail fence (but into the woods) over the years..
Like this?
You have to really pay attention when shooting surrounded by over 2 million people.
Concrete block walls do stop carbon fiber arrows. 20221125_094551.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back