Thanks everyone

cking13

Pulled into my unit this morning about 8 a.m. And started driving the roads. Between the rain and snow it was a big soupy mess so I didn't even try any of the two tracks. The plan was to scout for two days and then go back for the biggest on day three. There were pronghorn everywhere today, some small, some decent and two big ones that I knew were shooters as soon as I put the binos on them. One was just over the fence on private and the other one just somehow disappeared on me. Still don't know what happened with that. After driving/walking all day, and almost getting stuck in the soup a few times, I decided to check the first road I was on this morning. I parked at the head of a two track and walked a little ways to check over the hill to see what was hiding. I peek over the hill and there is...nothing. Turn around and head back towards the truck and this guy had crossed the road from the neighboring unit into my unit and closed the distance to only 100 yards. A quick glance and I knew he was good enough for me. An even quicker shot found its mark and he went down. Thanks everyone for all the help on the forum. I do appreciate it. It's not the spot and stalk type of hunt I expected but I'll take em easy if they want to run over me. Also, sorry forbthe poor photos. I was solo on this one.

Attachments

• IMG_3118.jpg
    IMG_3118.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 536
  • IMG_3116.jpg
    IMG_3116.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 540
  • IMG_3114.jpg
    IMG_3114.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 539
Thanks for flipping them for me. Everyone says they're small animals but this thing was the size of one of our whitetail bucks back home. No joke

Nice buck! Sounds like you missed the snow that came with that front. Sometimes an easy hunt is a good hunt. Maybe you'll get that spot and stalk in next year.

No sir. I was right in it at one point.

Attachments

• IMG_3104.jpg
    IMG_3104.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 434
Congrats on a fine antelope. There is nothing wrong with an easy hunt every now and then.

Congrats. I will be in Wyoming in a couple weeks and hope bag a buck that nice.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back