Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Thank you to the Forum members and First time Success.

WinkB

I joined this forum looking to gain information insight and learn from others. Based on the recommendation of folks here I was able to draw a unit and perform my first public land hunt for Antelope this past weekend. It was a good learning opportunity and I look forward to doing it again.

I got into my unit late into the night and randomly selected my camping location. As it turned out it wound up being a great location and I didn't have to drive far to get on game. Regardless of the rain, snow, and wind it turned out to be a great hunt and I was able to harvest my first two antelope. 30 degrees and rain/snow makes for some fun hunting, I now have a weeks worth of cleanup work to do. It just adds to the stories and experience.

I was able to harvest this one with a 350 yard shot out of my 6.5 creedmoor with 135gr Berger classic hunters.
20181005_095518.jpg

Here is 275 yard shot with my 300 RUM, 215gr Berger VLD.
20181005_142524.jpg

When I got a break in the weather it made for some amazing scenery.

20181006_063300.jpg

20181006_065013.jpg

I would like to thank Zpooch, LCH, TheDudeAbides and others who took the time to PM me, and answer questions.

I am already thinking about next year and sharing in the experience with other family members.

Great job! Nothing better that a DIY success story (with a little help from OYOA)

Congrats. This makes me smile in a big way, as one of the primary objectives of this forum is the sharing of information; some of that sharing resulting in these type of outcomes.

Congratulations! Doesn't feel great to shoot one on your own land!

Congrats! Looks like a great trip. It's refreshing to see new members actually come back and post updates after they were given help.

Awesome story. Glad to read stories like this. Thanks for taking the time to post.

Back