Caribou Gear

Thank you HuntTalk, and a prayer request

Jbotto

I’ve alluded to being a new dad in a few posts this past week and figured I could also ask for a few prayers. My baby boy was born 4/18, about a month earlier than his due date. Spent that whole day waiting for his arrival and towards evening the decision was made for us. Baby’s heart rate was dropping too low and we went to emergency c-section. As my wife was recovering I got to see him and his breathing didn’t look right. Doctors told me that my boy and I would be making a flight to Billings from the small Wyoming hospital. I think him and I left WY about 2am, 4/19, and by 5am the Billings doctors shook me awake to tell me we’re getting another NICU flight crew together to go to Children’s Hospital Colorado. And off we went by 8:30am, getting even further from mom who wouldn’t get released until the morning of 4/20.

So far, our son has done very well as they discovered in Billings that he had a TEF and he had surgery to correct it on 4/20. Mom made the 8hour ride with my in-laws and made it late on 4/20. Our son is improving in leaps and bounds but still we just want to go home. I’m going stir crazy, between Children’s Hospital and staying at the RMH. Moms doing well and recovering well. I know comparatively, there are a lot of families here in worse shape than ours with kids going through the unimaginable, so we do consider our little family lucky. Lucky to be where we are with as great of an outlook as we have. We are just playing the waiting game, waiting for numbers good enough to go home.

Just wanted to share all this as you guys don’t know how much the HuntTalk community means to me, having a bit of a virtual escape from the long hours spent next to my little guy. I’m sure some of you have seen my username pop up as I “like, love, and laugh” at some of the stuff that has been posted here recently. Between knowledge shared and comic relief I consider this site one of my favorite places to “hang out” online. Thank you for the escape on the hard days and if you could spare some prayers or positive thoughts, we could sure use them.

*Sorry to be a bit cryptic as I wanted to share details but want to maintain a bit of privacy as well.

-a thankful lurker.

Prayers sent your way. Hang in there! Sorry you all had to go through that but it sounds like things are headed in the right direction.

Hang in there, my oldest was right on a month early, we only had to stay in the hospital a week but it sucked, hope you guys get out soon. Praying for you all.

Sorry to hear this but does sound like things are getting better so stay positive. Let me know if you need anything bro, just a text message and short drive away!

I came out a month early.
Had to get the show on the road.

Sounds like things are in control.
Hang in there.

Sorry to hear that y’all got off to a rough start but it sounds like you’re headed in the right direction! It’s amazing how tough those little ones are!

Prayers sent your way, keep us updated once the little man makes it home!

I’m very thankful for modern medicine and all the technological advances that treat difficult problems with relative ease these days. And I’m thankful for new dads who can reach out for faith support as well. May your son continue to grow in strength, and be a blessing to his family, may Wisdom and Mercy be his normal modes of operation. And let it be that a Big Horn Basin kid will be a world changer for good.

Thoughts and prayers to you and the family and big shout out to all of the medical teams that have been taking care of your little one. 🙏🙏

I was in your shoes back in August, and I know exactly what you're going through. And I will pray for you guys.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back