Yeti GOBOX Collection

Thank you Hunt Talk

oleefish2

When thinking about what Hunt Talk brings to me and other sports, lady's and men it makes me think diversity.

Diversity in age, from 1st time hunters to individuals that have spent a lifetime tracking the wilds searching for what lies over the next hill, ridge and meadow.

Diversity in experience, in that some have hunted for years in their local area, some have hunted in multiple sates and those that have wondered across the world.

Diversity in the type of firearms they have used, from those like my dad that used the classic 30-06 made from an old military gun, those that have tested several classic rounds and many of the new guys that enjoy the science of what can be achieved through all the new rounds and some of the old wildcats.

Diversity in family history, some did not have a family that hunted at all and they learned through web sights like hunt talk, some learned through friends and the media, others like me learned through family, classic magazines, and reading books from authors like Jack O'Connor, Hemingway, Peter Capstick, Fred Bear, and Outdoor Life and Field and stream.

Thank you for sharing so much history, knowledge, joy and memory's.

This place is amazing. I've met some incredible guys that I consider life long friends. I've given information in private and have received information in private. The bear hunts are amazing to see people of so many different incomes and social status and backgrounds get together and be a group with no judgments is amazing to me, especially being accepted into the group with my quirks and issues and snoring. I've hunted with Randy which is an experience beyond anything I ever thought I'd do. I know I come across as kind of a jerk sometimes, but almost 10 years of seeing new guys come on and ask for information and never responding again after people share good information kind of gets you a bit jaded. All in all, this place has been great for my PTSD and social anxieties and issues from combat. It's 'safe' interaction that I can control and feel comfortable. All of you have been theraputic for me and I can never thank you all enough.

With the exception of a couple of members, everybody has been very kind --and--I thank you

I have shared a drink or two with three members and knew/know two others from a different venue----and, God willing and the creek dont rise, it would be fun to attend a

Drag Race with Vaspeedgoat, Hot Air Ballon Festival with Bobbydean, go on a motorcycle ride with noharleyyet ( after he gets a side car ), enjoy some kind/any kind of tequila drink with Dirtclod, back home, and if I was ever within 100 miles of Brent or Ben, I would love to see their rifles. I would like to share a steak with Hunting Wife, but I would leave my family's cats in Arizona, and I would try to get John Cushman to the western part of his state and we would find a couple horses and ride around the best, most beautiful part of Colorado--The grand mesa (-: ( actually John at my age maybe a horse and buggy would be better--maybe even a horse drawn wagon with a bed in the back)

Actually there are several fine folks on the forum whose company --via the internet, I have enjoyed, including the author of this fine thread

Oh I forgot, ---hunting -- yes-I like that also --Seriously, I still enjoy the conversation's about hunting and rifles, and this forum has some very knowledgeable individuals as well as experienced hunters

I too have learned alot from the forum, starting collecting points and will go on my first western hunt next year

Honestly, back in the day I wasn’t sure how I’d be received on here but this seemed like the most well-informed, supportive and open-minded forum out there so I jumped in. I’m glad I did. I’ve learned a lot, shared what I could, and have spent a lot of time reflecting on interesting perspectives that other members have posted. It’s nice to have a community of folks interested in so many of the same things I am. And a lot of you are damn funny!

Europe, if you ever make it to NE Montana you better believe there are steaks and whiskey waiting! Companion cats accompanied by their human will not be harmed. 😄

I definitely still feel like I'm still heavily into the "taking from" side of HT just because I don't have enough experience to get over to the "giving to" side lol. But I have found that, as long as you contribute when you can and are courteous you'll find a loving, respectful group of people willing to nearly give you the shirt of their back if need be. Thanks all around.

Like many others i joined this community trying to learn everything i possibly can about the outdoor pursuits i love. After a lifetime of hunting I still have so much to learn. This site has given me much pleasure in the process of learning.
I am humbled to involved, and hope that I can continue to contribute for many years.

without putting too fine a point on this, in my short time here and having spoken to a couple of members who have been here awhile, the one thing H/T seems to successfully avoid, is drama. I have been on forums that seemed to thrive on drama, but I found it not only counter productive but in some cases rude and unnecessary. Hunting Wife, as mentioned in her post, was cautious. Europe has indicated that not all have enjoyed her being a member and I only joined on the recommendations of others who indicated the forum was managed well and the members were not only courteous but helpful. And, to date, that has been the case. For the record another well managed forum is Nosler. I do agree that this forum has a wide ranging "view" on subjects thanks to a wide ranging amount of knowledge via the membership. Also having members from other countries as well as a cross section of generations gives the membership a wide ranging view, which I enjoy.

I would like to echo all of the above. This place is a great outlet for my need to share my hunting stories, my need to read other peoples' hunting stories and I have learned a great deal from being here. Thanks to all of the members I have interacted with. As a guy with very few "real life" hunting buddies, it is nice to know you are all out there for me to lean on.

Harley-----we were "somewhat" thinking alike --we were both thinking a bout a song.

As I read this thread, I was thinking------"we can skin a buck, we can run a trout line, a country boy can survive, a country boy can survive" and then I though it was funny that hank4elk "liked" your post.

I can not imagine that there is anyone on the forum that doesn't know it was sang by Hank---Williams Jr.

my apologies to oleefish2, for veering the thread off course a bit, but I bet some of our members can skin a buck and run a trout line (-;

Ditto the above. There are some great folks here...& I'm not a people person either....lol.
Randy is real & has an infectious laugh, even when he is exhausted & not at his best.
Cushman is a big ole softy at heart............like me...LOL.
Ken is a poet that sometimes knows it.
I could go on...

Like stated above... this is a great community with great people in it. Wish I would have joined sooner. Thanks HT!!!

Hunt talk has been one of my favorite entertainment for years.

If I see a post from one of my posters, I open immediately.
Greenhorn on any hunting post. NHY on any political post and some of his musical posts.
Most recently, Europe on any post. She brings an entertaining different slant. Hank for elk, I like his life style.

I thank you guys for posts of sheep, moose, bears, turkey, and Alaska.

I have hunted deer, antelope, barbary, orxy and elk. The hunt reports on all the other species are interesting and exciting.

I appreciate the photos of all the landscape in Montana, Idaho, and Wyoming. How the hell do guys handle the cold. I can handle 112 degrees but not 20 below.

I love most of you guys. Some not so much.

Good forum that is informative and keeps most people in line.

Big Fins posts are read religiously as I think most of you do. I am surprised he has let me stay on the forum as long as he has. Not always been nice. Old dog trying to reform.

Thanks for the forum!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irish-Jay
Back