Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Texas

I have referred to Austin as “San Francisco on the Brazos” for as long as I can remember, sooo...I think that still counts as California.
Except Austin isn’t on the Brazos...but it is full of GDC’s and getting worse all the time

That’s about as corny of a pandering political ad as I’ve seen since...November. I think pretty much anyone would see right through that nonsense. But then again, we are the state that spawned Beto so who knows why kind of nincompoop could get elected.

I have referred to Austin as “San Francisco on the Brazos” for as long as I can remember, sooo...I think that still counts as California.
That be the Colorado river BillT! LOL!
The Brazos river runs through Waco.

But I definitely get your point!

Worked in Austin on occasion. Had a UT prof would come to the depot to watch the trains. I've seen that dude stand right there on the platform, shooting photo's and wet his pants!

Step across the tracks and up the hill and there was a "natural foods" store.
The hippie chicks (early 70's) running the store had combed their legs and braided their armpits. Cute but hairy! LOL!

Except Austin isn’t on the Brazos...but it is full of GDC’s and getting worse all the time
Is it not near it? I avoid it. Been there twice, almost 20yrs ago. Weird place.

That be the Colorado river BillT! LOL!
The Brazos river runs through Waco.

But I definitely get your point!

Worked in Austin on occasion. Had a UT prof would come to the depot to watch the trains. I've seen that dude stand right there on the platform, shooting photo's and wet his pants!

Step across the tracks and up the hill and there was a "natural foods" store.
The hippie chicks (early 70's) running the store had combed their legs and braided their armpits. Cute but hairy! LOL!
Well that’s embarrassing. I’m surprised I haven’t been corrected before. Perhaps everyone else up here avoids Austin as well.

Is it not near it? I avoid it. Been there twice, almost 20yrs ago. Weird place.
It’s a hundred miles away at the closest. The Colorado River flows through Austin; the Brazos flows through Waco to College Station down to just west of Houston. Geography lesson of the day.

On officer and a gentleman, what does that drill sergeant say about Oklahoma? That many say about Texas? LOL On serious side, it will not be all that long and the major cities in Texas will turn Texas blue. Be a bad thing for the country if that happens. Texas is one of the last vestiges of freedom and defenders of constitutional rights. One party rule the liberals are after will be dangerous for this country and while it is good to have a GOP running, it needs to be the right candidate and right fit.

It is only matter of time before TX turns blue. Ft Worth is no longer the conservative stronghold it once was. I saw more Biden signs in Lubbock than I did in NM, AZ, and CO combined. Of course I wasn’t in any big cities in NM, AZ, or CO.

It’s a hundred miles away at the closest. The Colorado River flows through Austin; the Brazos flows through Waco to College Station down to just west of Houston. Geography lesson of the day.
Well darn. I don’t need to look at that part of the map anyway.

I appreciate you pointing out that he probably isn’t what he’s selling himself as, but I highly doubt that you have anything to worry about. He’s running against ten other Republicans, and although I don’t know exactly how that district is drawn and how their numbers usually shake out, it’s in an area where it wouldn’t be that surprising for a Democrat to win. It’s not like he won a Republican primary in TX.

Actually though, if you do prefer Democrats, he might be the kind of guy you wish had won a Republican primary, cause it would have to be good for the Democrat’s chances at winning.

I do prefer my bowls of punch without turds floating in the bowl. Ted “Cancun” Cruz won a primary or two in his time. I voted for Dubya once, wasn’t anything better offered for an alternative. You know, shouldawouldacoulda, gets us all. I thought McCain was a real winner. Then he got Sarah Palin- bag of hammers on high heels. I think that ultimately my OP got some thoughtful insight into politics.

I do prefer my bowls of punch without turds floating in the bowl. Ted “Cancun” Cruz won a primary or two in his time. I voted for Dubya once, wasn’t anything better offered for an alternative. You know, shouldawouldacoulda, gets us all. I thought McCain was a real winner. Then he got Sarah Palin- bag of hammers on high heels. I think that ultimately my OP got some thoughtful insight into politics.
You and I are roughly opposites. I like Cruz on most things. A notable point of disagreement would be public land, but I like enough of the rest that he’s not likely to lose my vote.

I was disappointed in W for not being conservative enough, but would never have gone with the alternatives offered. He was better than his father.

McCain made me want to vomit, but again, I voted for him because his opponent made me want to vomit even worse. I like Palin...at least what little I know about her. McCain would have flipped even harder without Palin. ‘Ol $1200 haircut man(forgot his name) may be pretty far right for a Democrat, perhaps even right of McCain, but he wasn’t gonna pull any Democrat votes for McCain, and he would have lost a lot of conservative votes that Palin picked up. McCain sure was nasty toward Palin. Real class act. I expect Trump to be pretty nasty toward Pence, but for better reason, and no one ever accused Trump of being classy anyway.

Was OP geared toward thoughtful insight on politics, or preventing that dumb nut from winning in TX? If it was the former, you could sure take a more direct route. If it was the latter, I don’t think you had anything to worry about. The poor writer that wrote the article you posted should be fired.

I've seen worse pandering exhibitions from sitting presidents, governors, and legislators but yea, he's pretty goofy. Don't lose any sleep over Texas OP, we'll see how the media, largesse, and string pullers shape the '22 midterms.

Well that’s embarrassing. I’m surprised I haven’t been corrected before. Perhaps everyone else up here avoids Austin as well.
BillT
Not to worry mi amigo! LOL!
The Colorado was a clear, cold, shallow water river until the "Powers That Be" decided (apparently!) it wasn't deep enough to drown hippies and constructed Town (Austin) Lake. (lakes along the river include Lake Buchanan, Inks Lake, Lake LBJ, Lake Marble Falls, Lake Travis, Lake Austin and Lady Bird Lake in Austin. Collectively, these lakes are known as the Highland Lakes.
Waco, on the other hand, plugged another stream (the Bosque River) for a municipal water supply (Lake Waco) and recreation and left the slow, sluggardly, Brazos to wander slowly by so Billy Walker could write "Cross the Brazos At Waco" for Marty Robbins to sing.
Waco happily allowed Mineral Wells, TX to construct Possum Kingdom Lake on the Brazos River for water and recreation.
Waco got the better water.
Mineral Wells got the better lake.

All that aside BillT, don't sweat the small stuff.
I think Austin being referred to as "San Francisco on the Brazos" to be quite appropriate! LOL!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back