Caribou Gear

Terrible couple days...

I have missed 3 elk in te last two days. I hope everyone else is having better luck than me! Hunting alone is tough! Let's hope the next week turns out better than the last few days..

Sounds like you are having amazing luck.....just not connecting on the shots. Why are you missing so many shots? Too far? Too much vegetation getting in the way? Too excited? Equipment not tuned correctly? If you can figure out what is going wrong, maybe you can correct the problem. Just remember....while a miss is disappointing, it also means you get to keep hunting!! Good luck the rest of the way. Hope you get it figured out.

Sounds like you are having amazing luck.....just not connecting on the shots. Why are you missing so many shots? Too far? Too much vegetation getting in the way? Too excited? Equipment not tuned correctly? If you can figure out what is going wrong, maybe you can correct the problem. Just remember....while a miss is disappointing, it also means you get to keep hunting!! Good luck the rest of the way. Hope you get it figured out.

The one this morning i got busted trying to draw and had to guess yardage on the fly and guessed way wrong. I agree though it is nice to still be hunting lol but I'd like to get my elk before rifle here in Montana when the pressure skyrockets!

Yeah, I hear you. It sucks to miss after you have worked so hard to just get close! Shake it off, though, man. A buddy of mine had the biggest elk he has ever seen at 50 yards this year. Missed him at 50, and he ran to 40. Missed him at 40, and he walked back out to 50. Missed him at 50 again. He said he guessed he was over 350". He has killed multiple elk with his bow. It happens to everyone. Don't get discouraged. Eventually everything will work out right and you will slip that arrow right between a couple of ribs. Keep practicing and working hard, sounds like you are 99% of the way to shooting an elk!

I had that happen last year. I missed 2 about 20 minutes apart from each other out of the same group. It's still a lot of fun lol

Sounds like a good hunt to me. Hey we all want to take home the game we are pursuing. As I get older it's all about being out there and enjoying the time afield.

You could have been sleeping on yucca plants, in 90+ degree heat, filtering water out of stagnant slimy old stock tanks, and not seeing/hearing elk for a week straight...

Back