PEAX Equipment

Tennessee move..info please

I did go to central, maybe it was an off night? Or I am just spoiled by some awesome homemade ribs here at home.

Could’ve been, but I’ve never tried the ribs there - just had the pulled pork. I really like the ribs at Blues City on the corner of Beale, but I don’t like the Rendezvous dry ribs or the wait to get in there.

I'm not sure if you've landed on an area yet. My wife and I moved to Colorado last year from Western, TN. I'm from Western, KY, so I'm partial to the area. There are tons of real estate opportunities around Clarksville, TN because of the constant flow of soldiers in and out of Fort Campbell. It's a really great area (and has great internet for cheap if you live in town, not sure if that's important). If you want great BBQ, go North into Kentucky and head to a town called Lake City between Lake Barkley and Kentucky Dam and check out Knoth's BBQ. Bring cash or check as they don't accept cards. Compared to CO, I'm sure you've noticed how cheap real estate can be. If you can grab a house and a few acres, it's usually enough to deer hunt from. Lake Barkley and Kentucky Lake are incredible fishing, but they are fighting against carp invasion right now so it's having an impact on the young bass/crappie population. If you like catfishing, there's a ton of that to do on the lakes or rivers. The area between KY Lake and Lake Barkley is called Land Between the Lakes and is all public land to hunt and enjoy. (My grandparents were from there before they made the lakes and were asked via eminent domain to leave, but it's gorgeous and you should take advantage.) Your best hunting opportunities in that area will likely come from getting to know private land owners if at all possible. Deer are so populous they are more of a nuisance than anything; so you might have luck with a farmer looking to thin the heard away from his soybean field.
PM me if you have any questions on the area, happy to help where I can.

Good luck in your move! I’m sure living in Colorado and shooting elk every year spoils a guy but I’m sure you’ll find plenty of hunting opportunities where ever you end up!

Where can I find information about gun laws and CCP and stuff like that? Also, do trucks rot from salt in the winter like they do in NY? Also, since I can't bring myself to root for the Titans, which college team do I root for?
Tennessee Vols are way bigger deal than the Titans in Tennessee. Trucks usually don’t have a lot of trouble anywhere in the south with rust. I am an auto mechanic in a neighboring state to TN and I rarely see rusted out cars or trucks. Doesn’t snow enough except in the mountains. Anywhere within two hours of Nashville as you mentioned isn’t gonna he a heavy snow area.

@JohnCushman Hope you're doing well! I just got back from a few days in the Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg, Sevierville area and remembered this thread. I know that's not where you're looking but that state sure is pretty this time of year. I could be convinced to make the move myself after driving back home to, crowded south Florida.

Good luck to your lady and yourself, brother. Only visited Nashville as a tourist. It's urban and packed with folks. The Murfreesboro advice sounds good. Had friends who were stationed in the area and they loved it. If the VA hospital gets props it sounds like a win/win. I'm lucky, my local VA facility is Aces.

In case you are still doing research this site is good :

2019 Compare Cities
Compare Cities on over a dozen categories and 100s of items. The most popular comparisons are: Population, Cost of Living, Average Rent, Crime Rate, Tax Rates, Air Quality, Religion, Local Economy, Climate, and Weather.

@JohnCushman Hope you're doing well! I just got back from a few days in the Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg, Sevierville area and remembered this thread. I know that's not where you're looking but that state sure is pretty this time of year. I could be convinced to make the move myself after driving back home to, crowded south Florida.
Honeymooned there with the wife 4 years ago. That area is super nice in the fall.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back