Caribou Gear Tarp

tennessee-hunters-sue-game-wardens-trail-cameras

Listen, some of us have tried very hard to cultivate a positive image of the south amongst all these yankees and midwesterners, please don't undo all the progress we've made.
I'm not gonna kiss a$$. I haven't said 1 word that isn't verifiably true. Fact over feelings.

Shut up you CO Yankee only southerners can talk bad about the south

it's a joke I promise
I'm not gonna kiss a$$. I haven't said 1 word that isn't verifiably true. Fact over feelings.
Looks like all y'all have your hands full. Good luck w that, and bless your little hearts.

That sounds good, but I have freedoms you'll never have because I'm from the South. I live in an area with virtually no crime, I own 60 Acres. It ain't much but it's mine, it's paid for and my taxes are $350.00 a year. We didn't have 1 single BLM riot, we didn't run scared from some made up sickness. I'll match my wit with yours any day. Your map is skewed but a simpleton like you could never understand the complexities of such a survey. The reason many southern states score so low is the population of under served Black Communities.
Congratulations. I’m happy you were able to get a good deal. However, your experience is not average, and anecdotal evidence does not negate the validity of a larger data set.

Instead of attacking the data or its presenters, why not work towards improving the problems it describes?

And finally- Open Fields Doctrine is the law of it land, as interpreted by the Supreme Court. Several times over. Unreasonable search and seizure applies to your home, your vehicle, and your person- but not LEO simply walking on your land.

And the cultural differences in the south compared to the rest of the country can be traced, in part, back to English “estate” culture where the lords were the law on their land, and owned the game and waters that happened upon the lands they owned. However, this is only one of about 11 cultures that comprise the majority of the US regions, most of which differ in varying degrees from that culture.

Last edited:
I don’t like autonomous cameras, period. I don’t like them in the woods, I don’t like them at the front doors of houses, I don’t like them on roads, I don’t like them in the sky. If there’s not a person holding it I think it should be illegal to capture an image.

So getting back on thread here... SD law for reference, more strict than Supreme Court ruling, matches my knowledge that it can vary by state:

41-2-48
. Conservation officers--Entering private land--Prohibition--Exceptions.

No conservation officer may, in the course of performing the duties of a conservation officer, enter any private land unless the conservation officer has a warrant or has the explicit or implied permission of the landowner or lessee. However, any conservation officer may enter any private land without permission:

(1) If reasonable suspicion or probable cause exists that a violation of a law that the conservation officer is authorized to enforce has been, is being, or is about to be committed on the private land;

(2) To dispatch crippled or distressed wildlife the conservation officer has personally and lawfully observed on the private land; or

(3) To respond to emergency situations, accidents, or other threats to public safety occurring on the private land.

Local sheriff's used to park in the entry to one of my fields to radar/pick up speeders and the drunks.

I told em I didn't like it, and they needed to leave. They insisted "they were here to get the bad guys, what do I have to hide anyway, it's just a field entrance."

They were right, it was a field entrance until we removed it with the backhoe as they sat there a few days later, again.

DepartmentS werent happy I didn't allow for courtesies. They can get bent, they had their chance to not do it.

Same goes for "we had reports of automatic fire". They can step right on off, automatic fire or not, and return with a warrant.

If they're talking, they're looking to get ya.

I would have words with anybody who felt entitled to trespass on my private property without my permission, ESPECIALLY with the goal of unannounced surveillance.

Last edited:
I would have words with anybody who felt entitled to trespass on my private property without my permission.
Had a druggie or 5 park off into the timber, they got a far different response.

The nicest anyone gets is a 'less you need me to call the tow truck, get on your way" the first go round.

You aint one of Lance's old forum member by chance?

The game belongs to the state. I think the state's right to manage game trumps the landowners right to privacy. They can plant a camera in my bathroom if it helps manage the herd. MNR could probably double their funding if they sold some photos on the net. I'm fine with that too but would like a piece of the action.

I had to look at a map to see what part of Russia, Ontario occupied…

Got a call from a warden the other day informing me that he was going to address an eagle nest issue vs. logging operations on private. My first question was under what authority or color of authority are you trespassing on my land? This led to some serious badge polishing and implied threats against uppity landowners questioning the kings men. I didn't budge and insisted that if he was to trespass he had to be chaperoned or have probable cause of a crime, his choice. A lot of bluster later he waited for a chaperone.

It all worked out and no eaglets were harmed during the making of this movie, but man he didn't like being questioned. They do love that sense of power. 250 still does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back