Temperature check

sacountry

Curious to see if anyone on here who voted for Greg would be willing to say that he's lost their vote. I'm thinking a simple online petition would do the trick but it would be important to get it done before the next Commissioner Meeting (not sure when that is. Then use the lobbyist channels to circulate the petition around Helena and on Gregs desk.

I for one am ready to sign such a petition. Just wondering if others are.

I think a good number of guys on here didn't vote for him to begin with...we could smell his nonsense from a mile away. Unfortunately, I think the average hunter will still vote along party lines and doesn't really care about the status of wildlife as long as "them libtards stay out". It's partisan politics that got us in this mess and it'll take a revolutionary thinker to fight him for the governor's desk in a few years. I just don't know who that will be. Right now we need to somehow get it across to those that did vote for him that his doings with the commission and dealings with big landowners will ultimately harm the average hunter. Again, I think it's going to be a major loss of permits and access and some blatant shady deals (even more shady than already going on) to turn guys.

"Most all who do hunt who voted for him will still do it all over again"
Dang straight.
I would and will vote for him again.
I'm guessing you know I will NEVER vote for Tester!!!!

JUST saying.

I know 6 people that regret voting for Gianforte and won't be voting again for him in the future..... supposedly. Sadly a lot of hunters have no idea what's going on (or don't care) and some that do see the changes, don't understand where the changes are coming from.
Who knows what other garbage proposals are in the future. Have to decide what's more important to you and from watching some hunters, the future of public land hunting isn't all that important to them.
Definitely a frustrating situation.

I know 6 people that regret voting for Gianforte and won't be voting again for him in the future..... supposedly. Sadly a lot of hunters have no idea what's going on (or don't care) and some that do see the changes, don't understand where the changes are coming from.
Who knows what other garbage proposals are in the future. Have to decide what's more important to you and from watching some hunters, the future of public land hunting isn't all that important to them.
Definitely a frustrating situation.
I commend you for being diplomatic.

Oh I must have retyped that response like several times 😅 and I still don't think I got it right.
I agree no side is perfect but we have to hold politicians accountable.
This is ultimately my point. We're taking the fight through the required channels including in person public comment, written comment, etc. BUT where else should this fight go and how? If 25% of MT residents hunt, then we're still one of the larger demographic segments in the electorate. Somehow we need to let Greg know what's happening is not ok. Clearly the Wilks Bros are in his ear so we should be as well. I don't hold much confidence that my written comments will amount to a hill of beans so I'm trying to think where else to attack. Education is also clearly an area. Somehow we have to get these issues in the public eye. The op-ed pieces in the local papers are nice. What else?

Feeling unheard, ignored, and whooped by a spineless director and an out for himself governor.

I think solutions will take a long time but I agree we need to be doing more if we can. I like the education bit as well but I can't help but wonder how most people consume information. Social media of course but it doesn't seem like everyone follows a conservation organization to stay up to date. How do we reach the people that have no idea?
The guy that helps me butcher my animals had zero clue but I think it's because we haven't had in person meetings in town lately, and he always went to those.
I would assume talking to your local representatives and senators wouldn't hurt either. I know my local senator is probably sick of me by now but when he blatantly brags about the big bulls he's gotten on private property due to his position, I have zero sympathy.

Senator Pat Flowers has done a great job fighting for hunters and I always see him asking for input so he can take them to the capitol.

Hopefully some others have some ideas to offer up.

Also if anyone hasn't already signed up:

Last edited:
This is Giant Font.
I type with *22 because I'm very hard of hearing.
So I get beaten up because of a medical issue?
I actually voted for him the first time around then wished I did not!

Back