Tell me about your tent

Hilljackoutlaw

My backpacking tent has magically disappeared. Seriously no idea where it went! 😑

I'm looking for one man tents. I've been looking a few different ones from Nemo, big agnes, snugpak, kelty. What's everyone running and if it sucks let me know.
Thanks

I'll be following this, I've an idea what imma get but curious to hear more

I've looked at the zephyr 2 man and now the copper spur 2 man

Also the kelty cross canyon is up on the list too haha so many options

I have the Big Agnes Fly Creek UL2. I like it and the single entry doesn't bother me. It shed rain well and light snow fairly well. I would not use it in heavy snow unless it was an emergency.

I would consider the new Copper Spur UL2 if I were buying now. I like the new vestibule layout. Either way, they are good early season tents.

I’ve had good luck with Big Agnes. I used a Fly Creek 3 for about 4 years and mostly liked it, but it partially collapsed (the pole structure wasn’t damaged, just folded in) on me a few times in snow or high winds. It’s still working well, I have it as a backup.

I picked a Copper Spur 2 last year and have loved it, it’s light weight and stable. Handles snow and wind better than the fly creek. Just enough room for the dog and I. Even as light weight as these tents are I haven’t had any durability problems, even with a dog inside.

I have a NF Stormbreak 3 tent. They have a Stormbreak 1... A whoppin $129.

All depends on your price point and 3 or 4 season?

I have a Stormbreak 1 - easy to setup and relatively light. Only complaint is the amount of vestibule space. Picked up the new Copper Spur 2 with the dual vestibules and haven't had any buyers remorse. Weight is pretty much the same as my 1 man Stormbreak, but way more space.

I have an old marmot 1p, 3-season, that while pretty heavy by today's standards is also bombproof in wind and rain. I didn't need the extra 2p space at the time. Now, when I go solo I just take a very lightweight tarp.

Reactions: FLS
Beckel canvas nylon Whelen lean-to. I wont sleep in the BC in an enclosed tent. The Whelen is a great 3-4 season shelter that can be heated by a reflective firepit built right in front of it. You can also standup under it and be sheltered. With all the lines attached already and stakes it packs to maybe 5-6lbs. It will sleep 2 comfortably. Just always pitch it so the open end faces the SE.

They all seem heavy?
I have a luxe hexpeak 2p tipi which is 1.45lb and the inner 1.5p tent at 1.3 lbs that's got bathtub sides in it for a 3.5 season tent. Use my trekker to pitch it or a branch or even just tie a guy line to a tree limb.

It's not a coffin to crawl in and out of and has a large vestibule for gear.

Also have the SG Sky Air tarp shelter which i think configured with a inner tent and vestibule is 16oz. Lots of room in there as well. It is NOT a 3 to 4 season tent though. It can handle rain and that but snow gets blowing around and it's 🥶

Good luck

Also have the SG Sky Air tarp shelter which i think configured with a inner tent and vestibule is 16oz. Lots of room in there as well. It is NOT a 3 to 4 season tent though. It can handle rain and that but snow gets blowing around and it's 🥶
Do you have the whole setup with the bathtub floor? I’ve been eyeing one of these in just the floorless tarp+vestibule configuration for a glassing tarp and emergency/backup shelter.

Do you have the whole setup with the bathtub floor? I’ve been eyeing one of these in just the floorless tarp+vestibule configuration for a glassing tarp and emergency/backup shelter.
I do not have the bathtub, just inner mesh and vestibule and tarp. It's been in my pack all spring Honestly I forgot I had it even haha till I pulled it out last night. At 16oz though that's a hell of a insurance plan to have on your person if the going gets tough which we all know it can.

I do not have the bathtub, just inner mesh and vestibule and tarp. It's been in my pack all spring Honestly I forgot I had it even haha till I pulled it out last night. At 16oz though that's a hell of a insurance plan to have on your person if the going gets tough which we all know it can.
That’s my plan for it, for only 1 more pound in the pack I think I could spend the night relatively easily with my just my puffy layers if I had to.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back