Tell me about your tent

danwolf

Being 66 I am concerned about weight and found a great tent, if you have the $$$, at Zpacks. I have the Triplex and love it only 21oz fully enclosed with floor. Have woke up to rain, snow, hail and it has handled itself great. It is pricey but in my opinion worth the price for this aging back....
Ron
that’s what my tent design was inspired by. I didn’t use dyneema and it came out to 34 oz, not 21, but cost a lot less.

RJH

The tent seem indestructible and the three person version gives you plenty of room for gear as well. They make a two person deplex free standing that looks pretty good as well. I also had them make me a 0" degree sleeping bag and it is exceptional as well and very light.
R

Yooper906

I have a Seek Outside Silex with a stove jack. It's a floorless shelter and light. Lots of room and I like the option of using a stove in what is still a small tent.
How do you like the Silex? Been looking at it.

The Yetti

How do you like the Silex? Been looking at it.
I like it so far, it's light, and the zipperless opening is genius. Don't think I'll be getting a stove for it this season, as how my season is shaping up i wont need it. I could also see taking it on some day hunts because it sets up quick and easy and could work pretty well for a glassing shelter.

MTLabrador

Does anyone have any experience with the Nemo dragonfly?
I looked pretty hard at both the Dragonfly and the MSR Hubba when I bought my Copper Spur. I’ve found this site does a pretty fair comparison of features.

adamgoodwin_23

I looked pretty hard at both the Dragonfly and the MSR Hubba when I bought my Copper Spur. I’ve found this site does a pretty fair comparison of features.

You rock, thank you for the info!

Qubo

I'm planning to use my tent September archery through November/December rifle in Colorado so I'm wanting to stick with 3.5 or 4 season. Right now the Tarptent Moment is leading do to it's light weight. But the Hilleberg Akto is second cause I love Hillebergs, but it's 1-1.4lbs heavier than the Tarptent depending on how you set up the Tarptent. Also considering a Hexpeak XL (I'm 6'4") cause I like the stove option but it's the heaviest. May just save that for a few years down the road. I also looked hard at Seek Outside options but I prefer to have an inner tent.

Last edited:

44hunter45

Loving this thread. I've been building gear lists today and this thread is awesome. A lot of my assumptions were totally wrong.
Has anyone used Exped brand?

My backpacking tent has magically disappeared. Seriously no idea where it went! 😑

I'm looking for one man tents. I've been looking a few different ones from Nemo, big agnes, snugpak, kelty. What's everyone running and if it sucks let me know.
Thanks
I had the same thing happen to my Outdoorsman tripod at the end of last season, could not find it to save my life. well about 2 mouths about ago my washing machine shit the bed, and had to be replaced. Much to my surprise when I pulled the old one out, there was my tripod. Only thing I could come up with is my 6 year old played a trick on me.

Hilljackoutlaw

I had the same thing happen to my Outdoorsman tripod at the end of last season, could not find it to save my life. well about 2 mouths about ago my washing machine shit the bed, and had to be replaced. Much to my surprise when I pulled the old one out, there was my tripod. Only thing I could come up with is my 6 year old played a trick on me.
Glad ya found it!