Teej's 2020 Adventures

Still waiting on my bud to send pics of our high country hunt, stay tuned for that.

In the meantime I'm tackling waterfowl hunting this year, it's about that time. I have my one call, homemade lanyard and about every piece of equipment I think I need, more than I expected too ha! I can imagine this fall is going to be some comical and frustrating moments with these ducks.

Did some scouting the last couple weekend and stumbled onto a spot that looked promising. There's a little point I can get out to and get up high to get a nice overall view of the cover.

My first drake teal from last fall

20191222_152810.jpg

Scouting pics

20201010_124648.jpg

20201010_124718.jpg

Last edited:
That's a real good looking spot. Triple check the legality. WA seems to be a place where when it looks/feels too good to be true it likely is.

I checked it out and at the pull off there's a small sign saying waterfowl season open 10/17, it's a small piece of public you have to hike into along the coast. No pre-set blinds, so I'm hoping it's overlooked.

BLAHAHAHAHAHA!

Good one!

We need an eye roll "like" button.... I know its not gonna be any private suite ha! Just hoping it lessens attention not being managed for ducks like all the other spots along the coast that have premade blinds and ag fields

We need an eye roll "like" button.... I know its not gonna be any private suite ha! Just hoping it lessens attention not being managed for ducks like all the other spots along the coast that have premade blinds and ag fields
Hope you slay 'em. I will say if you have a great shoot this weekend expect more competition for that spot. In B'ham we got to the point where we wouldn't hunt on weekends just so other hunters didn't hear us shooting in our little secrete honey holes we'd found. We had three in a row that were poached once guys heard us hammering them saturday morning while they sat there looking at their dekes.

Hope you slay 'em. I will say if you have a great shoot this weekend expect more competition for that spot. In B'ham we got to the point where we wouldn't hunt on weekends just so other hunters didn't hear us shooting in our little secrete honey holes we'd found. We had three in a row that were poached once guys heard us hammering them saturday morning while they sat there looking at their dekes.

Oh dang! Yeah I intend on getting there ungodly early to stake claim if they're not camped out. I'm sure I'll be bounced and pushed around for a bit but fortunately I can hunt some spots after work during the week too.

Whelp trying out a brand new area tomorrow morning for ducks. I've never even seen it before so we're gonna take our time getting in as it looks like the reeds are way over my head. May need a plan B... For now it's a wet dog, wife's car (bad combo I'll deal with that Sunday), and some pumpkin beers. We'll see if tomorrow pans out.

Attachments

• 20201023_203948.jpg
    20201023_203948.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back