Teej's 2020 Adventures

Still waiting on my bud to send pics of our high country hunt, stay tuned for that.

In the meantime I'm tackling waterfowl hunting this year, it's about that time. I have my one call, homemade lanyard and about every piece of equipment I think I need, more than I expected too ha! I can imagine this fall is going to be some comical and frustrating moments with these ducks.

Did some scouting the last couple weekend and stumbled onto a spot that looked promising. There's a little point I can get out to and get up high to get a nice overall view of the cover.

My first drake teal from last fall

View attachment 157650

Scouting pics

View attachment 157651

View attachment 157652

Another good day, I can see why people get addicted to waterfowl! I couldn't get any to land in my decoys so twice I reset them. The second time I barely got seated and loved up to see 3 mallards dropping day into my setup and I took the one drake. Kinda neat, I shot em so close that while the dog was retrieving it I got sprinkled with the feathers from the shot.20201025_113556.jpg

Another good day, I can see why people get addicted to waterfowl! I couldn't get any to land in my decoys so twice I reset them. The second time I barely got seated and loved up to see 3 mallards dropping day into my setup and I took the one drake. Kinda neat, I shot em so close that while the dog was retrieving it I got sprinkled with the feathers from the shot.View attachment 159536
I love hero shots of dogs like this. Good boy!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back