Caribou Gear

Teal decoys

BrentD

I'm in need of a dozen bluewing teal decoys. Before I throw down (my credit card) at Cabela's, does anyone happen to know of any deals on dekes? Or have some to sell? Or have some to recommend over others? I am hoping that maybe deal or two could be encountered in the off season.

My suggestion is wait till August. That’s when the majority of decoy sales take place. Usually Rogers has some of the better ones. Tanglefree can have some good ones periodically.

Thanks! That is good to know. I thought I may have missed out already. Was kicking myself for not being on the watch all winter.

Wingsupply dot com offers decoys periodically at significant savings. Currently showing half dozen bluewing decoys for $30, free shipping with $50 purchase.

I had tanglefree teal decoys in the past and I was surprised on how well they held up. I liked how small they were so I always had a few in my bag. I picked up a dozen from Rogers in August/September sometime and they were under $40 if I remember correctly, which was a great deal.

I had tanglefree teal decoys in the past and I was surprised on how well they held up. I liked how small they were so I always had a few in my bag. I picked up a dozen from Rogers in August/September sometime and they were under $40 if I remember correctly, which was a great deal.
Also if you make an account on tanglefree.com they will email you with sales. That run some great deals on there website. Almost to the point where I wish they wouldn't email me sometimes.

Also if you make an account on tanglefree.com they will email you with sales. That run some great deals on there website. Almost to the point where I wish they wouldn't email me sometimes.

Done. I notice they have some good deals right now on mallard dekes. I'll wait and see what comes up.

I just looked at Mackspw and they had a pop up that was save $15 off your order of $100 but no other sales on teal dekes.

If you want a lightweight decoy buy Avian, GHG, or Dakota's. If you want a heavier decoy with great color foam filled higdons are the ticket and can be bought for usually $40-45/dozen. Keep an eye on presleys and sign up for there fall waterfowl catalog. I probably have 8 dozen teal between GHG, Flambeau, and Higdon and the Higdons are my favorite but also the heaviest.

Way back when my buddy and I bought a dozen green wing and a dozen blue wing and split them so we’d have half doz each. We bought redhead brand from BPS because they were cheap, and they are light. I could fit a dozen in my mud bag.

They have held up well considering they’ve been shot more than I’d care to admit

I am especially interesting in bluewings, early plumage even. Small, light dekes suitable for packing into prairie potholes some distance from the road during early duck season are my target.

Good call on the teal decs for packing in. Ive been an idiot and hauled way too much decoy way too far way too many times.

So are these for the early teal season? Or are these supposed to be a spread for other early ducks as well? Because spending the coin it'll take to get into some of the names getting thrown around this thread like Avian X, Higdon, Dakota, etc to fool teal, seems, well, silly.

If you told me I had to make a living shooting teal, but could only have one kind of decoy, I wouldn't think twice. Mojo. Throw a spinner out and kick the water. Granted, I shoot all my teal late, down south. But I can't imagine they are smarter at the top of the flyway, and get dumber as they go.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back