Teal decoys

BrentD

yes, early teal. I'm sure I'll use them a bit later too, but early teal is the goal.

I don't use spinners or any electric dekes. Just floaters. I'm sorta simple and old fashioned that way.

lr123

Do yourself a favor and spend the money on a quality bag for packing them in. I purchased a large avery decoy bag with nice padded shoulder straps and a waist belt and it has been the best money I have spent. I have packed in 2-3 dozen standard size decoys with ease.

mottlet

yes, early teal. I'm sure I'll use them a bit later too, but early teal is the goal.

I don't use spinners or any electric dekes. Just floaters. I'm sorta simple and old fashioned that way.
Fair enough. Point remains, teal ain't really brain rangers. If you're bushwhacking in, I'd get em as light and cheaply as I could.

BrentD

Motley, that's the plan.

I have got a good bag already. Just tired of carrying 1-2 dozen mallard hens with 4 oz anchors.

BrentD

icebreaker12

Well I finally pulled the trigger and ordered up a dozen Higdon for $36.48 plus $5 shipping and a few bucks in taxes. Not too bad. I'll scrounge up some light weights and swivels and I have the line already. Unfortunately, the small ponds are drying up. May not be a lot of options.

https://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=2257087&categoryId=0&parentCategoryId=0&subCategoryId=0&indexId=0&itemGUID=76eb260cac10a85a635be2522887ccd9
I know you said you don't use spinners. But I would highly recommend getting a mojo dove for teal. Teal really like the fast spinning wings.

kansasdad

^^^^

Some years I take more doves than teal while teal hunting certain public wetlands.