Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Tasty Little Goose Hearts

Hunting Wife

Cleaning snow geese last night after some friends had a good shoot. I was intrigued by the hearts, so I saved some for the post-work grilling session. Couldn’t find a recipe that didn’t involve 100 ingredients or overnight brining, but I had bacon so just wrapped them up and threw them on the grill. Creative, I know. Grilled to medium/medium rare. The guys were afraid at first, but damn if they didn’t turn out to be a big hit! That’s the best part of a snow goose I’ve ever eaten! 😁

Anyone else cook goose hearts? How do you cook them? Would like to try some actual recipes.

81B7EA45-5B4A-46E0-994C-1E3D05BF5628.jpeg

Cooked my first ones this year along with some duck hearts. I just seasoned and pan fried. My 16 month old son couldn’t get enough of them

Started doing hearts this fall on any small game. I’ve even just been cooking them in a little foil basin with butter melted in them. Pretty sure I saw it on MeatEater. Done it with doves, a duck, and a dozen pigeons so far. I won’t ever throw them away now. Even grilled with salt and pepper have been good!

Snow goose heart and liver are about the only edible parts, IMO

I double butterfly, one cut from the top, the other from the back so the heart is like a little stretched out accordion. Fry 30 seconds on each side on high. Crispy on the outside, bloody in the middle. Eat with ketchup

I just coat mine in a little olive oil with garlic salt and pepper put them on skewers and grill them.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T_allen7
Back