PEAX Equipment

The last day 2020

Came back to add that I got a call last night informing me that the guy on my crew that had a liver transplant in June passed away. I talked to him last week and he was headed to the hospital with pneumonia due to COVID. He was one of the toughest people I know and just an all around great guy.

As another person on my crew said in response to the group text I sent giving everyone the news, “ of course 2020 couldn’t go away without taking one of the best out with it”.... pretty much sums it up...

So sorry to hear that some of you have lost friends and family in the last few days.

Spent the day cleaning up around the yard and trying to figure out why our Ring doorbell wouldn't send notifications to our phones. An hour on the phone with tech support after 4 hours of internet research and troubleshooting and Ring is replacing our 3 year old unit for free.

Best thing that happened on the last day of a lousy year was we made the final payment on the last of our debt and are rolling into 2021 100% debt free.

2020 was good to us as the garden filled the freezer and we were blessed with a whitetail in November.

For the most part 2020 sucked for me.

I got covid-19
Election didn’t go my way
Economy trashed
My 401k got decimated
My local fishing lake dried up
I lost a dear friend to an overdose

However there is a bright side to 2020

I lost 40 pounds
Caught about 50 halibut
Got Elk, pronghorn, pigs and deer
dozens of quail
And I learned how to smoke a brisket

So sorry to hear that some of you have lost friends and family in the last few days.

Spent the day cleaning up around the yard and trying to figure out why our Ring doorbell wouldn't send notifications to our phones. An hour on the phone with tech support after 4 hours of internet research and troubleshooting and Ring is replacing our 3 year old unit for free.

Best thing that happened on the last day of a lousy year was we made the final payment on the last of our debt and are rolling into 2021 100% debt free.

2020 was good to us as the garden filled the freezer and we were blessed with a whitetail in November.
Congrats on being debt free! That’s awesome! It is a great feeling.

I was there for awhile but broke down and bought a truck.

Thanks for the compassionate thoughts as well.

Happy New Year!

We had such a fine time getting kansasdaughter1 getting married.

39A540A6-5393-4714-9FF0-FA717FA09C50.jpeg

Minneapolis gatherings allowed for a smaller than normal guest list, so Facebook live helped those who shouldn’t/couldn’t attend join in the festivities.

I’m quite biased, but I’d say my father of the bride speech and father/daughter dance ranked up there with all time bests.

Three weddings in 28 months now complete the squad with three fantastic spouses. The dental practice has managed Covid induced shutdowns. As a family 6/8 have taken on Covid and escaped with no lingering effects.

I feel very blessed, and am looking forward to taking on today, next week, and the year. And I hold out hope for a random draw miracle in Wyoming!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back