Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

The last day 2020

Have a fire built in the pit outside. Later on I'll cook some crab, salmon, stuffed mushrooms, etc. Will crack open some good dark beer and ring in the new year with the girlfriend and our dogs. What I do every year.

Most of us are in a rush to put this year behind us, but I saw something that put some perspective on it.

FB_IMG_1609393091226.jpg

Last day of 2020! What a year! I don’t even want to talk about it. It’s effected us all.

On this day, the last day, my daughter #3 and I are in route to a warm water slough just outside a small town in Montana. New retriever laying across the back seat. I fully expect a couple thousand greenheads to be roosting it and we’re gonna run em off, toss out some Dakota fully flocked decoys and get em when they come back to water after feeding. The proceeds of the hunt will be marinated in jalapeño juice, wrapped with a slice of jalapeño, a dollop of cream cheese, a strip of bacon with a toothpick and cooked to medium on the grill. Enjoy them this evening with a Montana craft beer (bent nail maybe) sitting by the fireplace.

what are you doing to end it?

Cheers you made it thru! Drive safely and have a happy new year.
We do an annual Lord of the Rings Marathon at my house - so we will be doing that and then this weekend I'll be buying my 2021 hunting license and trying to see if I can go get my second Caribou this season, first Caribou with a bow hopefully! I'll try to get out Saturday if everything lines up and the temps don't dip too low - current projection is only -9 + windchill on the ridges.

Reflecting on my PA whitetail hunting season and thinking about how to start applying for hunts in the west.

That's one heck of a precious photo of the two of you! That's awesome.

Worked this morning. Spent this afternoon with my family and another fishing in The Hunting Gods country.

4 big trout. Nothing better than a kid catching a fish. Absolutely beautiful last day of 2020.

View attachment 168392

View attachment 168390
View attachment 168389
View attachment 168391

Quite a difference in the male vs female filets.

Happy New Year Hunt Talk. Here’s to 2021.
Those look delicious. Smother them in butter and salt,pepper and brown sugar then on to the grill.....🤑8E726BA5-F23F-4E94-A1D4-70EE3FC1A826.jpeg

The boys and I butchered one of our hogs yesterday. Got the ribs on the grill at 12:30. Those ribs along with baked potatoes from the garden, and a salad from the greenhouse was our dinner. My amazing wife made a lemon cheesecake with a lemon curd topping she had canned earlier in the year. The hams and shoulders went into the salt for the start of prosciutto. The head is cooking on the woodstove . . . .soon to be headcheese.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back