Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Talk about Luck!

MNHunter

So I finally get around to reading the articles in the April issue of the Huntin Fool and see Bryan Martin’s article. That dude drew a Montana Rocky tag and an Arizona Desert tag in the same year! He killed a hawg in MT, not sure how he did in AZ. I wish I had that kind of luck!

AZ was good to him as well, but according to someone else on this board, there was a pile of dedication that got him his ram.

Miller is correct, Bryan shot two great rams.

I talked to Bryan several times before his bighorn hunt about the area he drew and also put him in touch with a good friend of mine that lives near the area he drew. My Dad drew the same unit in 2005 and killed a good ram in there too (183 B&C). It was great sharing information with someone who was so damn excited about having the tag! Lots of people draw good tags and dont really appreciate them. I doubt many hunters would appreciate the opportunity any more than Bryan.

Bryan was determined to kill a 190+ ram in MT and I honestly didnt think he would in the area he drew. I didnt see any rams that I felt were over 185 the year before, but several that were definately in the 180-185 class.

Bryan did what it took and shot a 190 ram, well deserved and I'm happy to say I was wrong.

Bryan just recently sent me a few pictures of the desert he shot...really, really nice ram...13 years old, heavily broomed...about all you could ever hope for in a desert ram.

Lucky to draw the tags???...yep...lucky to take two exceptional rams???...nope.

Bryan certainly is a good hunter, I didn't mean to imply otherwise. I was/am just a little green with envy!

He earned it no doubt. He set a high bar and leaped it. I was lucky enough to get to tag along a couple days of his hunt and was pretty damn suprised at the ram he passed up the first day. HEAVY horned booner with a bullet hole in the left horn. I knew he'd get a great one, but figured it might take him several weeks to find the one he was looking for.

Attachments

• Bryan_s_06_MT_Bighorn__quartered_view.JPG
    Bryan_s_06_MT_Bighorn__quartered_view.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 193
I had no doubt he'd find a ram to his liking...but I wasnt overly optimistic about one scoring 190...in particular based on the history of that hunting unit with the die-off and all.

Hopefully the sheep in there stay healthy.

What a great ram!

Bryan shot his Arizona ram on Christmas. He started his hunt on December 1st. If that says anything - I don't know. He does get after it and puts in more work than about anybody, as a hunter and guide. Also, he's a heck of a good guy and friend.

IIRC the guy that Bryan buys his boots from (Kenetrek Boots) drew an AZ and NV desert sheep tag last year!!!! :D

I don't know Bryan, but did get to chat with him a bit at the Expo. Seems like a stand up guy and from the looks of his photo album one hard working hunter/guide.

PS- Anyone here use the Kenetrek Boots?

Bryan was all smiles in Salt Lake this past year. He was even kind enough to loan us his Montana horns for our booth.

I ordered some of those Kenetrek boots at the show but the back ordered till July. He hear Jim W won a Marco Polo hunt at the show as well.

Awesome ram. Also some pretty stellar luck to be picking up sheep tags like that.

Bryan is a very cool guy. I had enough luck to run into him about 3 weeks ago while working "UPS driver" and had a long talk with him. Very down to earth guy with major dedacation to what he loves, hunting. One of the nicest guys I have met in sometime. He was even nice enough to give me some pointers on this comming years back pack hunts. Looking foward to talking with him again!

Back