Taking Two Newbies Out West.....

JB1113

I'm introducing two Texas hunters to the wonderful wonders of Western Hunting...We are heading to Wyoming this fall for goats. We will be around the Laramie Area. This is my Fifth trip to Wyoming and my 7 to the Western states for Huntign. Can any of you guys think of something I should show them in the Wyoming, Colorado or New Mexico area? Preferably near the I-25 Corridor.

Shotgun Willies?:D

Go back through Walden and show them what real mountains look like.

Sounds Good!

I'm definitly thinking about going back through Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park. Neither of these guys have hunted Elk or Mulies and I'm hoping to show them what the mountains are all about.

If you all tag out early and really want to go for a drive, I would recommend the road from MT into WY at the North end of Yellowstone called "Beartooth Pass" - HWY 212 - absolutely amazing! Especially N-S route in my opinion. But do it early in the day, I made it to the summit at DARK, (not fun for a foreigner), then stayed at the bottom in Cooke City. The locals talked us into driving it again in the daylight the next day. Absolutely worth it!

Garden of the Gods in the Springs...stop in at Twin Peaks in Denver then hit Cabelas (they are building a new one north Denver), then go to Estes. RMNP might not be open, certainly Trail Rdige road could be closed, depending on weather so fyi. but Estes is gorgeous THEN, drop down and come to the Fort and hit the micro brew shops and tours - New Belgium, Odells, CopperSmiths.....get a growler, Equinox and FunkWorks...some of the best. If you need a sober ride...pm me :)

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back