Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Take a flat lander elk hunting

Deerhunter80

Just putting this out there, if any of you hunt talkers are willing to take a flat lander on an elk hunt this fall. After my Mt. Goat this past fall, I got the itch real bad to chase more mountain critters. I have never been elk hunting and don't have much in the way of points but what I lack in the points area I can make up for in grit and getting into some nasty terrain...

Any how, if anyone wants to get a hunt on the calendar with a guy from New York, I'd be all ears!

Thanks,
Rob

Rifle or archery? I might be looking for an archery partner, but not sure how many days I can go....I do have a couple of spots though.

Spent many summer days on Candlewood and Lillinoah about 10 years ago.

I'd do either - Archery or rifle. I hunt the whitetail woods here in the east from Mid September to January 31st so I have a bow in my hand every weekend for almost 5 months. The other 7 months I spend shooting out to distances of 60 yards and working out to train for hunts I hope to go on. So I think the challenge of bow hunting elk would be a blast. I've been practicing the reed call for over a year and have gotten pretty good at both the mew, growl, bugle and chuckle so would like to put some of them to work. But just being in the woods with a screaming bull would be enough for me!

I know Candlewood and Lilinonah well, I got to look at Candlewood from my window for the last 6 years and recently moved back to New York to be closer to work (head scratcher)...

Any event, I'd like to see what we can do for an elk hunt in 2014 - so keep me in mind and you can give me a ring - 203-885-2194 if you want to iron any preliminary details out.

If you don't have the points and or a tag...I should have a great muzzleloader cow hunt in CO this year (depending on the draw) that you are welcome to go on. It will be a fun hunt and we will be into elk everyday. It is a great way to get some expirience on a hunt and see what elk hunting is all about. I will have my six year old son along if you are interested.

I'd love to try for a bull but would definitely go after a cow if some of the others don't pan out... Got my muzz all shined up and ready to go too!!!

If I don't draw Wy this Feb. then l be going to Montana and your welcome to come.I have an awesome spot there.I go back to rifle hunt muleys in the rut with the combo tag.I shod mention the elk hunt is with a bow

you think you would want to elk hunt montana ?
not sure when you would need to put in by or what the odds are for a tag
i have been told the last cpl yrs guys are getting there tags pretty easy as there seems to be less guys putting in for them

Rob, I hunt the Northfork Clearwater country of north central Idaho, OTC tag. I have some room in my camp this fall if you are interested in a rifle hunt in Idaho. Drop me an email if you are interested. I truly enjoy taking kids, older folks, and first timers elk hunting. I have a large wall tent camp you can drive to.

If you are interested in hunting Coastal Washington for "true" Roosevelt's,
3pt or better Bull, or antlerless, archery.
Drop me a PM

stiknstring,I'd be up for a Roosevelt hunt.Would this be in a good blacktail area??Send me a pm would like to discuss

This is awesome that others are willing to take "strangers" hunting. What a great site.

stiknstring,I'd be up for a Roosevelt hunt.Would this be in a good blacktail area??Send me a pm would like to discuss
Depends on what you call "good blacktail area" those sneaky b'tards hide during early season, its O.K. for a "meat hunt" does and small bucks, if you want a decent buck you are better off hunting November with a Muzzleloader.

Nasty terrain? How far can you haul an old 150# guy on your back to get THE shot?

Just putting this out there, if any of you hunt talkers are willing to take a flat lander on an elk hunt this fall. After my Mt. Goat this past fall, I got the itch real bad to chase more mountain critters. I have never been elk hunting and don't have much in the way of points but what I lack in the points area I can make up for in grit and getting into some nasty terrain...

Any how, if anyone wants to get a hunt on the calendar with a guy from New York, I'd be all ears!

Thanks,
Rob

So I just recently joined this site because I'm going to be new to Elk and Pronghorn hunting in the upcoming seasons. I've been looking through all of the old threads to learn as much as I can and I think this is absolutely awesome! I've never heard of a place online, or even in person, where a complete stranger would take someone on an elk hunt. Looks like I found the right forum to join!

So I just recently joined this site because I'm going to be new to Elk and Pronghorn hunting in the upcoming seasons. I've been looking through all of the old threads to learn as much as I can and I think this is absolutely awesome! I've never heard of a place online, or even in person, where a complete stranger would take someone on an elk hunt. Looks like I found the right forum to join!

GW, take it from another Hoosier (transplant to CO), this is a great group of folks who really care about hunting and promoting it while helping other folks. Some of the threads may get a lil spicy but everyone is really passionate about hunting, especially DIY. Welcome. BTW, I was invited into my elk camp by a then-stranger (retired Navy guy) and now have a few more great friends to go with a yearly elk camp :)

Back