Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Tagged Out in Wyoming

chambero

It is a little easier hunting on private land. For the first time ever, my group filled every tag we had on a western hunting trip. We've paid a little over a decades worth of dues on public land though with animals harvested every now and then.

Had a wonderful trip to northeastern WY and brought home two antelope and two mulies (three of us hunting). My two buddies harvested their first mule deer each. Took two very nice antelope (upper 70" scores according to the ranch owner who measured them). One of the mulies was a stag (cryptorchid) and still in full velvet. Had read about them but have never seen one.

340360.jpg

Mulie in Velvet

340354.jpg

A brother-in-law's 3x4 harvested in in a river bottom

340355.jpg

My antelope

340358.jpg

My buddy's antelope

We were there the first week of October. I just now got around to posting. The mulie in velvet was shot just as their first storm of the year was blowing in. It was starting to rain/sleet. By the time we got him out and back to camp, there was already 2-3 inches of snow on the ground. We headed on back that night in a pretty good snowstorm (at least by the standards of someone from north Texas).

Congrats on the successful trip. Looks like you had a fun hunt.

Oak

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back