MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Tag Soup

I'll be eating a big batch of tag soup this year. I'll even be nice enough to share it with my dad . But my wife shot a buck though. I'll never hear the end of it . Hey babe remember that year that I shot a deer a buck and you didn't . Then the story starts of the heart shot of a lifetime. 🥰

I'm still holding out hope that I'll squeeze in a fly in, late, MT elk/deer hunt to fill my A tags!

. . . :cry:😭😭
Bad news for you- deer season is done. Only thing left is shoulder hunting for cow elk. That's the only reason my elk tag is still on the chopping block and not already in the pot.

Yup, elk and venison. But this was the first year I passed on several smaller bucks (some on the last day), so it will taste a little less bitter. I also got to help friends and family get their first deer and I get to hunt wolves until spring. Life is good regardless of the lack of antlers this year.

Bad news for you- deer season is done. Only thing left is shoulder hunting for cow elk. That's the only reason my elk tag is still on the chopping block and not already in the pot.

I can live with that. I missed a nice buck, stalked other decent bucks, and pass on small bucks. My deer tag got a workout. But my elk tag never even got hunted. That's the one that hurts, right in the wallet lol. I've been debating calling a Bio that I talked to preseason. He'd mentioned calling him about shoulder seasons if we weren't able to fill our elk tags. But I'm having a hard time thinking I'll actually get the time to get up there.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajjones
Back