Caribou Gear

Tag soup for me...

mlbuck84

But we had a hell of a trip. I had an opportunity at a 6x6 but he jumped my string. We were able to chase and get on about 5 or 6 bulls a couple rag's and spikes. But couldn't get it done. They weren't rutting or reacting to calls. At one point we were within 80 yards of great bull in the thick timber, he did get fired up, but wouldn't come in. He probably had 15 cows and rags with him. At one point he sent the lead cow to come check us out. She came in at a full sprint, about 15 feet from my dad and I with that top lip curled and head stuck way out there. Probably should of shot her. But oh well. A guy in our group did get a spike, but that was it for this year in our group. I'll share some pics anyway. Thanks to MUCH2HUNT for his input as well. Have a safe and happy thanksgiving

My son and I catching some fish.
fall 2012 071.jpg

fall 2012 077.jpg

Gave some lessons on shooting the famous Red Ryder
fall 2012 046.jpg

Where the magic happens... Pretty comfortable too when u get the stove rolling
fall 2012 017.jpg

To top it all off. Came home to find out my pretty wife and hunting partner and I are expecting number 2 in June.. ;)
fall 2012 089.jpg

Last edited:
Ya, but you got that antelope. That should mix up well in a croc with ur tags.

Sounds like the season my family and I had to a tee! Elk hunting is far from garuanteed even when you see them almost every day. We had good times and started new traditions. Sounds like you are doing the same. A great season still!

A couple didn't make a peep. And it wasn't because of hunting pressure. Just a warm september I guess.

A couple didn't make a peep. And it wasn't because of hunting pressure. Just a warm september I guess.

I sat down 40 yds from a big 6 point accidentally. I had no idea he was there. I put my gloves on, face mask, screwed around with my camera and looked up. He was just hanging out with a tiny little herd of his and didn't make a sound. We locked eyes for about 2-3 mins and then he just kept munching away. When I tried a little calling he bolted.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YakCountry
Back