MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

TAG bags

BCMBOWHUNTER

This was my first year giving these a try. They came highly recommended and had great reviews. I'm hoping based on my experience with them that I just got a bad set. After killing my buck last week, I quartered him out and placed a shoulder and back quarter in each bag. I placed the back straps in another bag. Once I got back to camp I removed the meat to clean it and spray it down with citrus water. After doing so and placing the meat into new bags I noticed that the 2 bags that had the shoulders and rear quarters were falling apart at the seems. Neither of the bags were over loaded, my buck was around 150 live weight. Has anyone else had this problem? I was very happy with the bags performance other than the 2 with the issue.

Seems I recall some early versions of the TAG Bags having this problem. Contact Larry Bartlett (pristineventures.com) directly and he'll make it right with you. It was Larry I remember bringing the problem up and saying he had since switched manufacturers. Old batch or new batch, he'll take care of the problem. He's likely on a mountain chasing sheep or floating a river for caribou, so give him a few days to respond. I have several sets and have been happy with their performance.

I like the Martha Stewart Essentials collection, king size pillow cases. Performance is flawless. They come in pretty floral patterns too. I'm on the pro-staff.

This was my first year giving these a try. They came highly recommended and had great reviews. I'm hoping based on my experience with them that I just got a bad set. After killing my buck last week, I quartered him out and placed a shoulder and back quarter in each bag. I placed the back straps in another bag. Once I got back to camp I removed the meat to clean it and spray it down with citrus water. After doing so and placing the meat into new bags I noticed that the 2 bags that had the shoulders and rear quarters were falling apart at the seems. Neither of the bags were over loaded, my buck was around 150 live weight. Has anyone else had this problem? I was very happy with the bags performance other than the 2 with the issue.

I've OVERLOADED mine many a time and have yet to have a single issue. You must have got a bad batch. I would sure hope they make it right! That's not what you expect when you pay that kind of money for a product.

I like the Martha Stewart Essentials collection, king size pillow cases. Performance is flawless. They come in pretty floral patterns too. I'm on the pro-staff.

But you better not take them out of her stash without permission.....but if you do the floral pattern is camoed...60 count is best.....:D

Update on this, I spoke to Larry this morning. He let me know that they did have an issue with some bags and that he will be sending me a new set. Awesome guy to deal with and defiantly will be keeping my business. Great customer service and a great product, can't beat that in my book.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back